BEST FIND EVER!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

YoungDiggerAlex

Reaction score
Today when I was digging my only dump I came upon this!! INTACT. I don't know anything about crocks or how old it is but if anyone knows anything about my newest find please let me know an approx. date and maybe what it's worth. This is my best dig EVER!!! It stands 17" tall and is 37" around there is some writing on it I think it says H.F. BERRERS Wheeling W. VA it also has a big number 6 on the lower part of the fron. Any help would be awesome!!! THANKS

Om33650.jpg

YoungDiggerAlex

Reaction score
You are right GuntherHess !! The correct name is Behrens, I was looking on the internet and found that they made the first telephone line in West Virginia in 1878. Thanks for the info!!!

Bottle tumbler

Reaction score
dont know any history about your crock you local historical society may help, value for this piece may be around 600 for flowers 1000 plus for birds and add lots more if it has swans or houses or buildings. need help digging that dump, just kidding

rick

KentOhio

Reaction score
Alex, talk about beginner's luck! You're supposed to start out with bad finds and then work your way up. Now you've painted yourself into a corner... I mean, how are you ever going to top this? lol.
If that was in an antique mall, I could see it priced at $500 easily. It looks like it's both stenciled and free-hand brushed cobalt. It would be less if it was only stenciled, because there would be less craftsmanship in it. Most crocks like this are 1870's to 1890's. I can't seem to figure out why they threw this away, along with the undamaged fruit jars you found. You'd think they'd wait until they broke.

YoungDiggerAlex

Reaction score
Are you ready to dig in my dump Brian??? I guess I am lucky!! This is the best thing I have found yet!!! It is all hand painted and I took it to an appraiser and they are saying give or take $5000.00!! Talk about the BEST FIND EVER!!!![:D]

Tony14

Reaction score
I agree with lobeycat, a clearer picture of the stenciling would be great. Very nice find, are you going to keep it or sell it?

YoungDiggerAlex

Reaction score
I am going to keep it!! It is a great piece. I will post some clearer photos tonight so keep checking back !! Thanks for everyones replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles