Best Food

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RedGinger

Reaction score
This is carried over from Rick's bottle show video thread. Since we're talking about our favorite pizza, I thought, "Why not start a thread with some of our favorite places to eat?" It can be your town, a city you've lived in, or just one you visited. First up, one of my all time favs. Five Spice Cafe in Burlington, VT. I can't find any pictures. I believe it's no longer open, but if you've eaten there, please share.

RedGinger

Reaction score
I haven't been to this place in years, but it was delicious. The sauce was so good, people (including me), would take the sauce from their dinner home. Huge portions. Best Italian food on the Seacoast (since I was there last).

RedGinger

Reaction score
Like Ribs? Since I was little, this place has had THE BEST RIBS anywhere! I challenge anyone to make a better rib!

surfaceone

Reaction score
I challenge anyone to make a better rib!

Hey Lauren,

I'll give them the crabcake crown cuz it's Bawlmer, but ribs, come on now.

For ribs, you gotta go to the heartland.

I'm kinda old school, so I'd cast my vote with Arthur Bryant. It's been way too long since I wrapped some teeth arouns some of Bryant's best, but my taste buds are still singing from the last visit. The Burnt Ends are to die for.

ArthurBryants-PorkEndsSandwich.jpg

And Arthur has been gone a good while.

arthurportrait.jpg
From.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
One of the best dining experiences I ever had was at the WHITE HORSE TAVERN in Newport, Rhode Island.. it was a long time ago, we were there for the America's Cup 12 meter races, but I still remember that steak dinner! The little yard in front of the building had fruit trees, and they had put liquor flasks over some of the young fruit buds.. [:)]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Every time I'm down visiting my Mom in Raleigh, I make a pilgrimage to CLYDE COOPER'S ..everything there is to die for, if not from.. [;)] Last time I brought a 10 lb tray of pulled pork back to NJ and me and the missus finished it in a week..

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I'm an odd guy I guess, I eat to live, not live to eat.
Pizza is a sustenance that's easy to take home.
Most restaurants , no matter how pricey, are no more than OK. I don't see a need to cover up the flavor of something good (unless they're hiding something).
The best best seafood chowder I ever had was a place off the beaten path and I don't remember where, just that it was Maine. I don't think there was a piece of potato in it (which is odd for a potato growing state, don't you think?).
Anyway, it was GOOOOODDDD!!!!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
When I'm in the mood for fish-n-chips or a Reuben, I shoot over to KELLY"S TAVERN in Belmar.. scrumdiddleyumptious!!!!

Wheelah23

Reaction score
Here's my vote. If you can ever afford to stay in Harvey Cedars on LBI (I know I can't, I was there taking care of someone's dogs at their house! [:-]), you can't go wrong at this place. This fried Caribbean chicken was divine, I can't remember ever having better food. And the hush puppies, which were appetizers, were also perfect. Everyone else said their food was great too. The place is small and quaint, with great service, and right near the beach. Just a great place to eat, albeit a little out of the way unless you are already on LBI. Super cheap for LBI too.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
This is my fav Chinese restaurant I just ate here tonight "Triple Crown" in brown sauce ! Yeaa Boie[:)]

General Tso’s doesn’t just work for Chinese royalty, he works for the average American Joe, too. You’ll find the spicy military victor at China King, along with an army of other dishes. There are a few tables for your dining pleasure, but like with most Chinese food, it somehow tastes better when eaten at home. On a couch. In front of the TV.

2A3F401B89DE479D99B7FA2A8B5C78A5.jpg

Attachments

• 2A3F401B89DE479D99B7FA2A8B5C78A5.jpg
    2A3F401B89DE479D99B7FA2A8B5C78A5.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 90

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members