Best way to ship glass bottles?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

dapperandy

Reaction score
For those who sell on ebay or another method, what is the best way to ship a glass bottle? Any tips would be appreciated. Find an appropriate sized box and use lots of bubble wrap? Or is there more tricks? Also, what do you usually charge for shipping?

TJSJHART

Reaction score
TAPE A FEW LAYERS OF BUBBLE TAPE AROUND THE BOTTLE THEN FIND A BOX DOUBLE THE SIZE AND PACK CRUMBLED NEWSPAPER IN THE BOX LAY THE BOTTLE IN THEN MORE CRUMBLED PAPER TAPE IT SHUT AND STAMP FRAGLE ALL OVER THE OUTSDE,,ONE WAY ANY OTHERS...?

jarhunter

Reaction score
I use usps shoe box size, you can get them free from usps. Wrapped good with large size bubble wrap, maybe a couple air bags if needed. I don`t use paper, sometimes it packs down and will add more weight. Thats for bottles, blobs, crowns, large meds. Fruit jars are a little different, depends on size, pint-quart-1/2 gal., then you find right size box to meet your needs. It`s been covered before, i charge exact weight plus 1 dollar handling, shipping calculator does the rest. Insurance if high end. I always ship priority mail, never had a problem if packed right. Warren

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem