Big Chief bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

xgrady

Reaction score
I found a big chief bottle in an old junk pile. It seems old because of the thick glass quality and from a little research I found the newest to be from the 50's. It is a 10 oz. botttle that used to have stickers with the big chief emblem and words on it near the top and bottom. The glass has long lines that fade into a random cut pattern. On the bottom it has a 15 then a space then a 1 in a circle then 61. Bellow that a backwards S is in the middle. Then bellow that C-14 708. From my rersearch I could not find this bottle, can anyone help me identify it with a possible value as well.

surfaceone

Reaction score
It is a 10 oz. botttle that used to have stickers with the big chief emblem and words on it near the top and bottom.

Hello Grady,

Welcome to the A-BN. It sounds like you may have an ACL (applied color label = painted) soda. Without a photo or two it would be unlikely that we could tell you very much. If the paint is mostly gone, so, probably is the value.

5480078268_6c347a7e73_z.jpg
5446264420_74ecf5d2fa.jpg
5563208314_87ce89222b.jpg
BigChiefC.jpg

xgrady

Reaction score
Well it looks as if there were stickers not paint. They are not very large and do not cover the majority of the bottle, just at the top and bottom. They are rectangular. I will try to post some picture though.

carobran

Reaction score
What your looking at is probably where the paint has just worn away.Usually when the paint wears away it looks kinda like a sticker was there.Sometimes its obvious and sometimes you have to hold it in the light a certain way to see what it was.If thats all thats left the bottle is probably worthless.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson