BIG WOODS MOUNTAIN MAGIC!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Terphunter

Reaction score
Went up to middle of nowhere PA this weekend to visit some friends, a place that I have been to 5 or 7 times before, but not since I got this bottling bug a couple of month ago. With a little free time I thought I would poke around for any old dumps....ended up finding one good sized one and a really small one but both good ones. I have not done any research on my finds yet...infact they could very be common bottles...but they are with out a doubt my best finds so far in my two month of doing this.

Started with a surface dump...pretty spread out but old stuff. Almost everything was broken and I was about to leave and then I dug out my first ever hutch or blob thing.....AWESOME. Its an A. URMANN from KERSEY, PA! Ended up finding two...both perfect! That was I all found whole here but what a rush!

Next place was not realy a dump but rather looked like a small pile of 1800's garbage. Very small but had a few really cool whole old bottles. An E. M. Parmelee from Dansville, NY that had real thin embossing that said something like MAN.....INGS and CHEMIST on it....really cool bottle with a real long neck. Next sweet bottle was an amber/brown that said THE PRE DIGESTED FOOD CO with trade mark and pinapple embossed on it with script that is tough to make out something like "PRISKLRY".....??? Very neat bottle. A small FINKS MAGIC OIL from SPRINGDALE, PA and a few slicks.....all tooled bottles...just a cool bounus to the weekend!

IMG_1118.jpg

IMG_1113.jpg

IMG_1121.jpg

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1125.jpg

IMG_1126.jpg

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
That's just friggin awesome and gives me hope. I've walked miles of woods in Maine, followed stone walls and around foundations and never saw the obvious. I always new something had to be there somewhere. I just have to find it.
Congratulations!!!

Terphunter

Reaction score
Thanks for info Joethecrow! Its fun trying to finds places like this....like a puzzle or detective work. I just started looking on down sides of banks and below old logging roads buy old structures. I have found numerous surface dumps doing this in Maryland and this weekend in PA...any little glass shard or brick or junk metal must be inspected! Some times you find something good!

Terphunter

Reaction score
Thanks Surfaceone...you have all the info!! Thats a cool bottle....the label is really interesting!

Terphunter

Reaction score
Forgot I found this neat little thing at the same dump and kept it. Its pretty sold/thick steel or iron and looks like a small foot...maybe from and old coopers shop or something. Anybody ever see this before...what could it be?? It is darker than normal because I gave it a wd40 bath and plan to clean it up a bit.

IMG_1128.jpg

IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmajeau