Bigbird

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
I love to feed the animals,I treat them like one of the family.
Move over! Mary!!

5A141FB58C734932A79CE494D195A01E.jpg

Attachments

• 5A141FB58C734932A79CE494D195A01E.jpg
    5A141FB58C734932A79CE494D195A01E.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 55

passthebottle

Reaction score
[:D][:D][:D] Hey Rick I see that you are on top of the food chain, like the "Lion King"

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Nice pix! Hey Joe, is that bird in the last pic green? What is it? -Julie

Julie,...Yes, it's a cardinal, but the drab (compared to the male) female, when the underfeathers are exposed like that, they have sort of a "camo" effect,..and look greenish,....which is probably a good thing, because when there's a hawk around, it usually zeros in on the bright red males...[8|] Your pics are pretty cool too.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello and thank you passthebottle; The FORUM today seems to be showing a lot of humor and fun. Good relaxation. I had to tell you that when we are in NY for the summer I put out about eight bird feeders and two squirrel feeders that have a little round table with on an outward triangular board with a vertical spike up through the center. Out from the table there is a two vertical short sticks and a little bench seat. After you put a previous years corn cob with the kernels still on it, down on the spike. the squirrels set on the seat and eat the corn.

I also put out a couple antique glass fly traps with a dead minnow or two and water in the trap and a piece of corncob for a cork. It keeps the fly population down by a few thousand dead fly's each summer. RED Matthews

towhead

Reaction score
Thanks Passthebottle and Joe, I don't think I've seen a Cardinal around here.

Ha Ha Rick!

Red, I'd like to see a pic of the squirrels at the table!

A have a couple squirrels too. Sometimes they will be rolling around the deck fighting like a couple of crazed wrestlers.[:(] And then, I usually only have one....the other moves across town or something -Julie

towhead

Reaction score
Wow awesome Joe. No, I definitely don't have those birds. And, looks like you have the cold weather now! Was -40 here with wind chill.[:(] -Julie

SAbottles

Reaction score
-40 !! Julie, here in Cape Town those are figures I can't even wrap my brains around !!

Joe, those Cardinals are really lovely, but if they're feeling the cold like that, tell them to fly out here & I'll save them some space on the Yucca tree !

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4