Billy Baxter

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

steph4208

Reaction score
I also found a Billy Baxter bottle it is green, and the script name is by the neck at the very top of the base. Can anyone help with this bottle

Reaction score
I have an old crate from the Billy Baxter brewing company and a few old bottles and when i contacted the historical society in Oakmont, Pa they confirmed that the is from 1888 and most bottles are from around the same age seeing as to how the company only produced from 1880 until 1921.

FA2684AB4C3440539BBC1A89A63FCB10.jpg

Attachments

• FA2684AB4C3440539BBC1A89A63FCB10.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 99

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Jesse lombardi

I have an old crate from the Billy Baxter brewing company and a few old bottles and when i contacted the historical society in Oakmont, Pa they confirmed that the is from 1888 and most bottles are from around the same age seeing as to how the company only produced from 1880 until 1921.

They were in business long after 1921, in fact I see no evidence they were in business before that time and I have serious doubts this crate dates from before 1920...

Reaction score
Actually Epackage I did alot of research since posting this and I have found out that you are quite wrong in your post. Please look at the information below ----This is the response I got from the President of the Oakmont Historical Society in Oakmont, Pa----
"Yes Hello, Billy Baxter was a line of ginger ale and sasparillo soft drinks manufactered by Red Raven Bottling in Harmarville. They were in business in the late 1800s-early 1900s. Their main plant was in Harmarville where the bowling alleys are now located and they operated a facility in Oakmont for a time. The name Red Raven probably comes from a train station on the B&LE Railroad in Harmar that was named the Red Raven Station, not sure how they got the name Billy Baxter. The company was owned by the Kountz family. In 1888 Mr. Kountz published a book of short stories titled "Billy Baxter's Letters." I also have verified that the crate is from 1888 from the date stamp on the inside and sending photos to the Pa Historial society. Billy Baxter beverage Co. did operate after 1921 but it was bought out by another company and used the same original name and markings but was not the same beverage as the original Billy Baxter Beverage Co was sued in Federal court by Coca-Cola on grounds that they were establishing a monopoly.

epackage

Reaction score
Interesting Jesse, so a different company used the name after buying them out, do you have any bottle pic's, I would love to see some of the bottles...thanx for the info....JIM

epackage

Reaction score
also how about some pic's of the markings inside you sent to the historical society, it would be cool to see many more pics...thanx again....Jim

hdexpert

Reaction score
Hi all, just joined and I wanted to show off some bottles I bought years ago. I'm going to E-bay them soon and I'm looking for an approximate value. Thanks!!
Can't get the photos to upload, you'll have to view my e-bay auction for pics.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey hdexpert,

Welcome. I hope you have not angered the spirit of our departed member lombardi of the fanciful notions. [8D]

By choosing this thread, I'm assuming that one of your bottles may be a Billy Baxter. You can link to your auction, or go up to the "Help Using the Forums" department for some help on posting photos. Good luck.

Billy%20Baxter.jpg

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles