Bitters Flasks Medicines ...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Plumbata

Reaction score
Nice scores man! I like that Mississippi ACL Pharmacy, you plan on selling that one?

epackage

Reaction score
Nice finds Jay, good luck on the reselling end...[;)]

carobran

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: jays emporium

ORIGINAL: Plumbata

Nice scores man! I like that Mississippi ACL Pharmacy, you plan on selling that one?

I'm definitely gonna sell that one. I think $50.
Was gonna ask you about that one,I might be interested. Though I think $50 might be a little steep. I'll let you know.

jays emporium

Reaction score
[/quote] Was gonna ask you about that one,I might be interested. Though I think $50 might be a little steep. I'll let you know.
[/quote]

I knew you would be interested in that one Branden, that's why I put the price in the post instead of private. It may be a little steep but where else are you going to find a 32 ounce ACL mint drug store bottle, from any state? If you like that type bottle it could be the centerpiece of a drug store bottle collection. The price for now is $50 and shipping would be extra, large bottle. Thanks for your interest.
Several people have asked for prices on some of these bottles. I will ususlly quote prices for "Buy-It-Now". The ones that don't sell will be on ebay in the future. I'll be selling bottles on ebay again in late June - early July. First sodas and then the cures & medicines. Probably won't get to the drug stores until Sept-Oct because I'll be going on a multiple week trip to Baltimore for the Sports Collectors National in August. I'll put a reminder post under Current Auctions when I have bottles on ebay. Thanks to the forum members who buy from me and bid on my ebay auctions.
Jay

carobran

Reaction score
I agree you don't see 32 oz. ACL drug stor bottles every day but I couldn't do $50 on it. I wasn't sure about this one so asked a long time collector who knows a good bit about MS bottles,He said $20-$25 seemed reasonable to him.Please let me know when you put it on ebay.

P.S. - How tall is the bottle?

Wheelah23

Reaction score
I never thought ACL medicines were worth much at all, Southern or otherwise. $50 seems crazy to me. That said it's yours to sell, I wish you luck with it.

jays emporium

Reaction score
Well, that's why I usually don't quote the prices publicly. Everyone has their own opion as to value but ultimately it's between the buyer and seller to decide what is fair. My feeling is this is a rare bottle and could be the only surviving example and it is mint conditon so it should be worth that much. Now, if the demand is there I don't know yet.
I used to think ACL sodas were not worth much at all either and look what they sell for now. ACL medicines were only produced for a short time and I believe they have some appeal with collectors. We will find out when I put it on ebay what the rest of the world thinks it is worth.
Jay

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I agree 100% with you Jay.. I've dug 'remnants' of ACL or pyro meds and wished they were in better shape.. there's not a ton of them around, especially as big and pristine as that one.. and you can always come down after you announce a price but you can't go up.. except on the bay.. [;)]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie