black list ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

green dragon

Reaction score
Not sure this is where I shoudl post this, but was wondering if there was a 'black list' to post issues with online, ebay or whatever sellers.

Currently have a E(vil)bay seller who wants to charge me 75.00 on ten ACLs to ship, after listing all for .99 each, and sendign me letters that ' they are all worth much more then .99 each " ... if so, list them that way, nto try to sneak it in after the fact.

Was wondering if there was a way to 'red flag' for others, etc.

Otherwise having a good day, lol, won a couple others, and will post pics when I can ( hurt my back so no digging for a few :( .... not that ACLS dig well here in sulphuric ground NY ) .

~ AL

GuntherHess

Reaction score
What would you say is fair shipping for 10 ACLs?
$75 sounds like a lot.
Its obviously going to cost a lot more than 99 cent to ship one and I dont think I would want 10 bottles all shipped in one box, thats asking for disaster.
Most sellers I have bought from post shipping up front. If they dont I ask before bidding.
Post the auction if you dont mind.

acls

Reaction score
For a large number of bottles UPS seems to be cheaper than the Post Office. I have had around 10 bottles shipped to me in one large box for around $17 (which included $100 insurance). I would ask the seller if he would be willing to use UPS. Of course they are going to have to be packed VERY well.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
75 USD is way too much.. that's just ridiculous

A324659DF71B4BEB97BDFA910FF2CE94.jpg

Attachments

• A324659DF71B4BEB97BDFA910FF2CE94.jpg
    A324659DF71B4BEB97BDFA910FF2CE94.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 60

bottleopop

Reaction score
I suppose that if each bottle had a shipping estimate of $7.50 and the seller does not want to 'combine shipping', then $75 would be the total. In my opinion though, a seller's policy of not combining shipping is highly unfair and would be very likely to get no more bids from me. I recently received a box that an antique store wrapped and sent with several bottles (at least 10) in it and they were all indivicually wrapped, and the whole thing box-in-box too, and no damage. It was a whole lot cheaper than $75!!!

No shipping estimate available and/or no statement like 'will combine shipping' are bad red flags to me.

However, I would not think that a black list here would be so good. That's what the sale-site's feedback is for, anyway.

celerycola

Reaction score
I bought some large ads where the seller charged shipping of $30. If he had shipped them flat it may have cost close to that as a non-standard item.

He shipped them folded at a cost of $7.30. I asked for $20 refund and he did not reply. I reported him to ebay for excessive shipping and gave him negative feedback since the item.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Sorry that you are having this trouble Green Dragon.

I, once, had a seller raise the shipping price after the item closed. The auction said $9.95 (which I thought was high but I just adjusted my bid). After it closed, he billed me $19.95 for the shipping. Fortunately for me, there was only one item so, he had no excuse to raise it. I emailed a few times and asked the seller a question - but he wouldn't reply. Finally, I contacted ebay's real time help, and they forced the seller to charge me the listed shipping price. Weird scam.

I think it might help you with ebay that the guy has emailed you saying he thinks they sold too low. Obviously, that's his motivation behind overcharging you on the shippins. Best of luck.

splante

Reaction score
review the sellars feedback before bidding on any items on ebay the few minutes it takes to check them out is worth it , you can usally get a feel from others reviews if the guy is shady or not. You can always go to help on ebay and request to cancel the transaction and state that he changed shipping cost, the selle then must accept the cancel or stay with the original agreement.

ncbred

Reaction score
Is it the "thousands of bottles" guy from Wisconsin because apparantly wonka is having problems with him too.

green dragon

Reaction score
'resolved' this by having the sales all cancelled, although a bummer, as some of those I'd have liked to have.

leaves a bad taste in your mouth though, when you figure you got a good deal for once, and then this.... thankfulyl, have not had any other bottle sellers treat me badly :)

In fact, most work with you on shipping, and I have had 10-11 bopttles sent in a large flat rate priority mail box, for 17.40, and none broken - if wrapped well ( bubble wrap and sometimes cardboard wrappers ) , these are pretty resilient, the big issue is keeping themn from scratching each other, etc. ( and not dropped or throw by postal monkeys ) .

nc - not he 'thousands of bottles ' guys, in fact I just placed my third order with them, and this time no argument over ship costs or anything, they , after my request, sent a single invoice for , iirc, 17.95 ship and the bottles arrived safe and sound :)

celery - sad that about the ads, cause now , not only did you get ripped off, but the items were folded / damaged :( . I feel your pain.

ebay item # 120605484924, could not get the direct link to post, had more, but what can you do, there are others out there to buy, so other sellers will get the $ :)

~ AL

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson