Boericke & Runyon New York and San Francisco variant

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Lordbud

Reaction score
There are numerous Boericke & Runyon variants. Most are embossed Boericke & Runyon/Company or Boericke & Runyon/San Francisco/Branch Portland, Ore (many times the E in "Ore" is missing from the embossing). Here is a variant I have only seen once before. It was an example that our fellow forum member D. Salata owns. I won this example from "thebottlevault" on ebay, who you might be familiar with. Bottle looks like it has some "micro-bubbles" and a bit of crudity.
SF Boericke Runyon with New York 01.jpgSF Boericke Runyon with New York 02.jpg

Lordbud

Reaction score
And here is an upgrade of an extract bottle I'd owned for many years. This example came up on ebay not long ago. Most bottle dudes don't collect extract bottles. Go figure! :confused: Ha ha. Anyhow check out the pics.
SF Crane & Brigham extract 01.jpgSF Crane & Brigham extract 02.jpg

botlguy

Reaction score
It would be interesting to know a little history on Boericke as he appears to have been in business with several others in different locations evidenced by variants of bottles with his name. I am familiar with his bottles due to my interest in bottles of this size, 2 1/2" +/-. Also, I once owned one of those Crane & Brigham bottles. They are rare I believe.
Jim

Lordbud

Reaction score
Hi Jim,
I like the small bottles with a lot of embossing. I have druggists, extracts, etc. that are all pretty tiny. The Boericke bottles are commonly found with labels and embossing. Along with the other SF homeopathic pharmacies. I have seen Stockton, Los Angeles, Sacramento, Detroit and a few other small homeopathic bottles in amber glass in this style. A Boericke & Runyon with label and contents recently sold on ebay for only $8.50. If I didn't already have a few I would have snapped it up. There is an amazing amount of homeopathic pharmacy history online. Try this link for Boericke's various businesses.

http://julianwinston.com/archives/bt/bt_history.php

Lordbud

Reaction score
Here just for reference and comparison is an example of a Wakelee's SF "homeopathic" style pharmacy bottle. Exact same shape but in clear glass. Many "regular" pharmacists produced homeopathic medicines proffered in homeopathic size bottles.
SF Wakelee homeo.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4