Bottle dig in Western MA.....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

luvtodig

Reaction score
Sorry to say Matt, but it is a chianti wine bottle...pretty common..see other posts on this site about it...seems to me from your pics that there were quite a few other wine bottles there[8D] guess they liked their wine...hope this helps!

Bluebelle

Reaction score
I have a brooch that appears identical to the one your friend Rich found - it belonged to my grandmother. Mine also has 11 stones, is marked sterling on the back, very simple pin back. An old Kaplan antique jewelry guide I have places that type of crescent in the 1890's, shows similar ones of mine-cut diamonds set in gold, all an uneven no. of stones in the brooches. I've never had mine appraised, but thinking that since they are set in silver rather than gold, they may not actually be diamonds, perhaps zircons or white sapphires.
Enjoyed looking at your collection from that dig!

Matt in NH

Reaction score
Luvtodig,

I researched that chianti bottle on the web...it is a older one....but I wonder how old? Do you have any clue as to how old it is and its approximate value?? Thanks for any help..

Matty

Matt in NH

Reaction score
Thanks for giving an ID on some of the bottles Woody...I am still trying to learn what a lot of the bottles I find are used for. I love diggin all these old bottles...but I'm running out of room for em all...almost time to sell off the common ones on either the bottle classifieds or ebay.

Matty

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.