Bottle Digging Finds From The Bottle Dump

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
I went out to the big bottle dump to dig some nice bottles. There is a lot of newer junk ontop, but once you dig down, some older stuff starts to come out. I found a lot of beer cans, but I only took a few. I also pulled some nice bottles. A White's Bros. milk bottle, a Simpon's Spring Water bottle, a Pond's milk glass bottle (my first milk glass), a light bulb, and some other bottles. The cans were a Pickwick Ale, and Croft Ales. There is a mystery cone top that I have to clean too. I had a great time, and check out the video for a tour of the bottle dump and to see some digging action. Thanks everyone. HH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KlYh3W3FXE

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Ryan,...Welcome to the forum, It looked for a second like there were bottles when you mentioned the privy/well,....also have you checked down over that gentle slope where the dump keeps going? The stone portion of the foundation suggests possible older items....Thanks for sharing your vid.

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: JOETHECROW

Ryan,...Welcome to the forum, It looked for a second like there were bottles when you mentioned the privy/well,....also have you checked down over that gentle slope where the dump keeps going? The stone portion of the foundation suggests possible older items....Thanks for sharing your vid.

I will have to dig that privy/well out one of these days, it will have to be in the winter or early spring though. I haven't spent much time down the hill. I have only looked at the bottles on the surface down there. There has to be some older bottles deeper, or somewhere else. HH.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
It sound great, cone top cans are nice. I've dug a bottle with full readable label that was protected in jar. It was a Holbrook. It sounds like you hit the "honey pot". Boy that brings me back a few years.

logueb

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum Ryan. Enjoyed the video. Put that green cup under a blacklight, if you have one. If it is a depression era glass it will glow under the blacklight. Dig deeper, and take some lobing shears or small pruning saw for those pesky roots. Good luck on the next outing. Buster.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Dig deeper, and take some lobing shears or small pruning saw for those pesky roots.
Unless it's and American Chestnut or something else rare to nearly extinct. PI is fine.
Poor Smithy, Longfellow must be rolling in his grave now.

logueb

Reaction score
quote:

Dig deeper, and take some lobing shears or small pruning saw for those pesky roots

The strength of criticism lies in the weakness of the thing criticized. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
This could be interesting.

If a man walked in the woods for love of them half of each day, he is in danger of being regarded as a loafer, but if he spends his whole day as a speculator shearing of those woods and making earth bald before her time, he is estimated as an industrious and enterprising citizen—as if a town had no interest in forests but to cut them down.
[/align] — Henry Thoreau

mr.fred

Reaction score
Welcome Ryan-----great video[;)]----------the music was great------reminded me of Little House on the Prairie --------I was waiting for Charles Ingolls to show up[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=rolleyes.gif]

Reaction score
Thanks everyone.

I dug down only less than a foot and found some cool stuff. If I dig down and I am not finding anything, how far should I dig before I give up on that area? How far should I dig down in this bottle dump?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday