Bottle display attacked by wild animals...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
The fishing line is a perfect solution... just bait the hook with a walnut and do some squirrel fishin'.. make a day of it.. all the while you get to hang out with your collection.. quality time.. [:)]

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

The fishing line is a perfect solution... just bait the hook with a walnut and do some squirrel fishin'.. make a day of it.. all the while you get to hang out with your collection.. quality time.. [:)]
[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Think about it. That is one smart squirrel . . . (back to this thought in a minute).

Usually, you're out there in the woods minding your own buisness bottle hunting when you cross tracks with a cute little baby bear. 'Oh, look at that little sweetie. Lets try to hold it and take pictures'. Next thing you know "ROOOOAAAR" and you wake up in the emergency room. "How was I supposed to know it had a mother???'

That's how most animal attacks are. Random chance encounters in the woods followed by blood and bandages. A squirrel, however, isn't going to rip your lungs out no matter how much he catches you by surprise. Far smarter to follow you home, bide his time, and hit you where it hurts - - right on the bottle display. Brilliant! Am I right? That is one Einstein varmit.

And sorry about your loss fishnuts.[:)]

bottleopop

Reaction score
Wow, very nice deco collection! I'd really like to see all those bottles close up.

Dang, now that baseball bottle is even more rare and I still don't have one. Sorry about your loss - for a bottle as good as that you almost need a funeral for it. [:(]

I suggest putting in a column of brass screws down each vertical piece of wood, and especially on the sides of the whole shelf unit, maybe 3 screws per level. Paint them white. Get a spool of fishing line, tie it to one screw on the edge of the shelf unit and run across to the next screw, wind around it a few times and maybe include a half hitch or two and move on to the next screw and finally tie off on the far end of the row. Then start across with the next horizontal row of screws.

Also consider the clear museum putty in addition to the fishing line. It comes in a little jar and a little dab under each bottle will make it very difficult for it to tip over.

TJSJHART

Reaction score
WELL MAYBE,,, JUST MAYBE YOU TOOK A BOTTLE THAT WAS HIS OR HERS AND THEY WANTED IT BACK OR DESTROY IT IF THEY COULDN'T TAKE IT...

acls

Reaction score
TJ may be on to something. You didn't happen to have one of these acls mixed in there with your decos..??...?...

D20B9AA3457140D0A676ED3A406C3A5C.jpg

Attachments

• D20B9AA3457140D0A676ED3A406C3A5C.jpg
    D20B9AA3457140D0A676ED3A406C3A5C.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 64

fishnuts

Reaction score
No Dr. Nut in the display.
I did just receive a Sunny Brook...it has peanuts embossed on it. Hmmm.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide