Bottle Hunt Story Sort of

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Road Dog

Reaction score
I hunted bottles on the East Coast of North Carolina. I have always been one for tromping thru the woods since before I can remember. I have been out in the swamps by myself at night when you couldn't see the hand in front of your face and there were noises all around you. I was as comfortable there as I was in my own home. One day I decided to go out and find some new bottle sights. I went across this wide field(about 1/2 mile or so) til I got this new woods. I thought man it is a nice breezy day perfect for bottle hunting. I entered the woods came to a section where the forest floor had ripples from old fields that had once been there and huge trees now stood in the place of crops. It was then I noticed that the wind had gone completely still and the birds had all gone silent. I said to myself O.K. and continued looking. I looked around this one tree and found some of those HillBilly Mountain Dews and some 7-Ups with the girl and bubbles. It was then I got the feeling I was being watched and I turned around to where I thought something should be and there was nothing. I did this several more times and I would stare swearing that something was there. It was then I heard the crunching sound of what sounded like footsteps. I ducked down to get a better look and saw nothing. I thought it might be a rabbit or some other critter making the noise. The sound kept getting closer Crunch,Crunch just like footsteps getting louder and heavier sounding. I climbed about 10- 15 feet up a tree to get a better look at my surroundings. The footsteps got louder and closer til they sounded like they were right beneath me and I still saw nothing. Then, I sprang out of the tree and as soon as my feet hit the ground I was gone. As I ran I could swear whatever it was was right behind me. I didn't stop running til I was half way across the field. Years later I can stare across that field at an indestinguishable woodline and everytime my eyes would stop to this one patch of woods where I can feel something staring out at me.

KentOhio

Reaction score
So you think it was a ghost? It seems like one, since it affected the birds. But I wouldn't rule out a Bigfoot, either. They are stealthy and hardly ever get seen. If you didn't smell anything, it was probably a ghost.

flasherr

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has seen the TV show lost. This reminds me of what ever it is that is in the woods on that show. I think you should go back and get all those bottles you dropped lol. It might have been a bottle spirit trying to scare you away from a bounty of treasure.
Brian

Road Dog

Reaction score
I have thought about going back there. Maybe I can make a Blair Witch Kinda movie? Bigfoot or Ghost would be Kool video.

Andy4707

Reaction score
I think you should go back there, just to see if anything is there or not.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dvergatal