bottle hunt with around 50 ACL bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Eric T ~

What's the date on your "Wilson's" bottle? Likely there is a date code embossed on the bottom.

Thanks ... and welcome to the best bottle site on the internet. You came to the right place! [:)]

SPB

Erik T

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! by far this is the best site I have seen. I kinda knew that they probably wouldn't be worth much but thats fine. thanks for the offer but right now I'd rather hold onto them. The date codes on the bottom of the wilson's bottles are all different. The clear one has two 3s and there is a "C" in an upside down triangle the two green wilsons are made by dominion glass and have a four digit number on the bottom is this the date code? And thanks for that link it helped a lot.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Eric T ~

I can't speak for anyone else, but you've got me stumped! Any chance of a clear closeup of the bottom just for the heck of it? One photo is worth a thousand words ... especially if the double 3's turn out to be 1933 ... but there's no way that could be the case ... or is it? Who knows what Canada was doing in the early ACL days?

Thanks,

SPB

bottlingco

Reaction score
Remember, these are Canadian bottles. If they are from the glass companies I have seen in the past, I am lost on how to decode the dates, if there is in fact one.

There may be some Canadian collectors that can help us with this. bottlingco

Erik T

Reaction score
Ok here is the pic of the clear wilson's base the maker's mark is actually a "c" in a triangle (triangle is not upside down.)

2AC4C11A56B7468881F4EDE46FF566AE.jpg

Attachments

• 2AC4C11A56B7468881F4EDE46FF566AE.jpg
    2AC4C11A56B7468881F4EDE46FF566AE.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 75

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
I found the following on the maker's mark ... it seems to fit okay. But the date still has me stumped. My best "guess" would be after 1962. But only because that's when the rounded triangle started. It really needs to be seen or researched by a Canadian collector.

Thanks ... Keep finding and keep sharing.

SPB

Maker Info:
[*]C in a triangle......Consumers Glass Company, Ville St. Pierre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada (1917-to date). Mark was an inverted triangle (point down) from 1917 to 1961, and a slightly rounded "right-side up" triangle starting in 1962, according to information per Toulouse. A second plant was built at Etobicke, Toronto in 1953. (Note: "C in an inverted triangle" is also the mark of Cambridge Glass Company, Cambridge, OH (1903-1959), but Cambridge made no commercial bottles and jars.)

sha11s

Reaction score
Yes, confusing it can be. The best info I have found for dating Canadian bottles is found at www.sha.org By searching "canadian bottle dating" on the site, you will find a bunch of info. One of the largest soda bottle producers, Dominion Glass, used the same system as Owens-Illinois for their bottles. At the bottom of this page www.sha.org/bottle/ the author pretty much sums up the situation with dating Canadian bottles.

Erik T

Reaction score
ok cool most of the stuff I found there was early 60s-early70s

TJSJHART

Reaction score
GONO'S ONLY LIST ONE PURE SPRINGS BOTTLE ,,BUT THEY HAVE PIC'S OF 3 ONE IS LIKE YOURS BUT IN CLEAR GLASS AND IT'S NOT VERY COMMON . THEIR PIC'S SHOW PURE SPRING BUT THE WRITTEN INFO IT SAY'S PURE SPRINGS....???

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles