bottle insurance question

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

crozet86

Reaction score
I have two homes about a hour from each other that within a few months will be just one permanant home. Most of my bottles are stored in buildings and when i get settled in with the move i want to display alot of my better bottles.Question i have is....how do i go about insuring them?I am sure they will have to be appraised to put them on any kind of policy am i correct? How or who would do the appraisal?Any information is appreciated.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
First thing I would do is visit them, unpack them, and re-pack them, this time with more padding.. prepare them for travel...

crozet86

Reaction score
I should have explained my post better Charlie.I speaking of after the move and i have them displayed in the house. Like say in case of fire,flooding( which happens here frequently) etc. Im not sure home owners insurance will cover them will they?

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Well then you need to have them appraised by an insurance agent I suppose.. me..?..I intentionally collect bottles that are relatively inexpensive and made of thick, durable glass and therefore don't worry about armageddon.. if my bottles don't live through it, I certainly won't...[;)]

crozet86

Reaction score
A few years ago some kids in the neighborhood kept asking me about why i dug bottles.I explained to them that i enjoy the history of them,digging them,and some have quite some value.Well, i took them digging one day thinking i could get them into the hobby and they seemed to really enjoy it. After that dig i took them inside to my den and showed them some rare colored and different variations of ROCKBRIDGE ALUM SPRING bottles along with a few others i had displayed.I guess they money thing got them thinking and they broke in my house and took several of them. to make a long story short i got all but one of them back after one of their friends told me who broke in.So, this is why i am wanting to insure them...of course if something did happen i couldnt receive the priceless memories of digging them but maybe something on a monetary level.I figure if i can pay auto insurance and home insurance i should cover the bottles as well whether on my homeowners or a seperate policy.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Do you remember which one you didn't get back?

crozet86

Reaction score
I sure do Charlie...a quart size in a citron green color.I asked the boys several times and the police did to and they said they never sold any of the bottles or kept any of them.But, i know for a fact that it was never returned.I spent several months asking local collectors and antique dealers and nothing ever came up. Sad part is that was my favorite out of the group i had.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
That's harsh, man! ..I hope it isn't broken, and it will one day return to it's rightful owner.. any pics so we can keep an eye out?

crozet86

Reaction score
The only pictures i had of this bottle were put on another bottle forum site.Well a fellow member of this forum had something about ebay in one of his posts and he was banned from the site...well i spoke up for him saying i didnt see why he was banned for that and then i was banned.Soon there after the computer i had crashed and i lost all my pictures. But, just in case i can describe a certain characteristic of that particular bottle....Like i said it was quart size in citron green and on back of the bottle there were light amber streaks running from bottom of neck area to the base. I am sure the bottle is stashed away in a private collection but who knows.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
It is possible someone who is not banned from that forum to retrieve the pics but I would need to know the website and the post name.. let's bring this babe back home to papa, shall we? [>:]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26