Bottle photos and the big hole

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Warren - Last time there, I dug many Cokes and none were the same. They are all locals (Petersburg) that I was going to give a spin and put on ol' eBay. I'm just not listing right now...It's not a good time of the year. Let me know if you need some that I dug last time. I'll try to post a photo here tomorrow or the next day of the group.

Night digging... hmmm ...Done this way for all sorts of reasons. I think it got down to 81 degrees that night/morning. We had many breaks... rests not bottles. [:)] I've never dug in a nice neighborhood, at least I don't recall.

BOTLDGR03 - I saw your post about digging the Stearn's and others. I dug one of those cylinder variations months ago. I sold it on ebay not too long ago. It was a light amber with some nice bubbles. I liked it, but you can't keep 'em all. [:)]

Look up if you still can Item number: 6260572132

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Meech, I don't have any from your area. A photo and a little info, bim, abm and the likes, would be great.

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hi Warren -
Things have been out-a-whack around here! I'll try to get some photos out soon, but I have been very busy. Stay tuned.

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hi all -
Below is a look at some of my finds from part of the hole above. These were from the night dig there. Most were discovered after the sun came up. A good part of the night was spent moving the fill layers and cap. I'll describe part of my share in this photo.

The first six are Coca-Colas and all are different, from the same city, Petersburg, Va. The far right is a hard to find Robert Portner variation from Alexandria, Va., my favorite of this dig. In the rear, is the most common Portner (crown top Tivoli), next to that is a Home Brewing from Richmond, Va. In the foreground, is a couple of amber syringes and a Mellier's Perfumes.

84A7B8AB90A54387898D71CB9DA1A387.jpg

Attachments

• 84A7B8AB90A54387898D71CB9DA1A387.jpg
    84A7B8AB90A54387898D71CB9DA1A387.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 46

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Meech, I sure do like the first three Cokes from the left and the amber one too. The wife says she wants to know about the syringes. She has several including one with a cobalt plunger and silver attachments.

Let me know. Forum, Pm or Email.[:)]

Man I need to get some photo tech training from you.LoL

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hi Warren (and wife) -
I PMed you before I posted the latest photo here. The forum here has been acting up tonight though, at least on my end. Get my email addy from somewhere on my pages and send me your email addy. I have a larger photo of above set aside for you with descriptions. Thanks.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology