Bottle suicide

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

glass man

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: beendiggin

Bummer . I had one break on me once but I had it next to a drafty window one winter. The holiday season does make some bottles depressed.

YEP same here...a mint Warner's Canoe...ended up wit a crack going from the bottom up to the neck!!Made me wanna cry...but being the big boy..ah I cried like a little girl...no I cried more then that![8D]JAMIE

Bottles r LEET

Reaction score
I had a lid liner break like that on me. I had left it on my windowsill. My guess is that it had a hairline crack, and it got heated up and broke. I did hear one story of a guy that had a sunburst flask that was cracked all the way around. He left it in the sun light, and the sun burst it. PUN.[sm=lol.gif]

sandchip

Reaction score
Maybe that's why the passenger side window on my '77 Cutlass just BOOM! shattered while I was driving down the road waaaayyyyy back when. That white vinyl driver's seat never was the same...

Jim

Reaction score
I have only ever had one bottle self-destruct. Fortunately, it happened a long time ago, back when I was a kid and had mostly junk in my collection. I had a small Warranted Flask that I thought was cool because it had a slight sun-amethyst tint to it. One day, I noticed a huge crack running right across the middle of the bottle. I went to pick it up, and had only the top half in my hand. The thing cut itself in half, almost perfectly, right there on the shelf. ~Jim

Dansalata

Reaction score
I HAVE A DARK GREEN PISOS I DUG IN A LOCAL DUMP..LOOKED FINE I SET IT ASIDE, I KEPT HEARING THESE LITTLE TIC SOUNDS , IM LIKE WTH...WELL THE PISOS JUST STARTED CRACKING ALL BY ITSELFF..STILL HAVE THE BOTTLE NICE COLOR...

BellwoodBoys

Reaction score
I notice when I dig dumps and find lightblubs, they explode when you throw them at rocks[:)]

PA Will

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: BellwoodBoys

I notice when I dig dumps and find lightblubs, they explode when you throw them at rocks[:)]

hmm, that's crazy.

Did the bottle leave you a note at least?

Jim

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: BellwoodBoys

I think that would be lightbulb homicide, as opposed to bottle suicide [;)]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26