Bottle with glass stopper ball in the bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

NoThreat

Reaction score
I have never seen one like this but then again, I'm pretty new to bottles.
I don't have a picture, becuase it is at a flea mart/mall

It is aqua color, tooled top and reads J Bowlers..... Bath...(NY Maybe)
it seems to have many bubbles in the glass. It is not a "clean" looking glass. lots of sterching and such.
they were asking $60 for it.

ANyone have experience with this "bottle with a glass ball stopper"?
thanks
John

MainsE42

Reaction score
I just purchased an Aqua, Torpedo shaped, Codd style (little glass ball stopper) bottle w/ many imperfections today. It looks like a blob top. I paid $7.00 @ an antique/asian import gift shop. The only lettering on the bottle says EXTRA STRONG GLASS, on the bottom of the bottle are what looks like the numbers "2001". The bottle looks very old but I cannot find any value in my Kovel's bottle price guide. I know it's either Soda or Mineral water, probably from the 1800's. I believe the bottle is definetly worth more based on other bottles I found in the price guide that were similar. Can anyone help me figure out what company made the bottle? maybe its value?

Dirranbandi

Reaction score
G'day MainsE42

Your Codd style bottle is a modern day reproduction of an original marble bottle - these are still used in India and other parts of Asia. In terms of value minimal (say $10-15), but has novelty appeal.

For more details refer to the Codds-n-Odds website at the following link:
http://www.codds-n-odds.co.uk/fake.html

Cheers,

Dirranbandi

TROG

Reaction score
Hi MainsE42,
This bottle is also a Codd Bottle but could be up to 50 years old and more than likely made in Germany for the Indian market where they are still in use today and are very common. Indians still fill these bottles with these 100 year old machines and until they completely pack up and can,t be reused this will be the case for years to come as they rarely throw away anything usefull not like europeans whom when something is superseeded just change over.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyG1