Bottles and Jars

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

swizzle

Reaction score
Hi all, just posted a few on ebay to see how it would go. I'm looking for comments on how I could improve my auctions. This is the first time I've posted bottles on my own ebay account and I'm still waiting for paypal to kick in. Paypal should be all set and ready to go by the time the auctions are done. Swizzle

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZswizzleadkQQhtZ-1

wvhillbilly

Reaction score
Nice stuff might even through in a few bids.
This doesnt improve the listing but instead of starting the bid at $1.00 start it at $.99 it 20 cents cheaper in the listing fee.

swizzle

Reaction score
Thanx for the tip wvhillbilly. I'll make sure I change it on future auctions. Maybe I'll run spell check next time, too.Swizzle

swizzle

Reaction score
Thanx Zane. I have about 600 bottles that I'll be listing eventually. I'm just waiting for my wifey to bring home more boxes and bubble wrap. The prices I have for the shipping is just an average. $4 is roughly the cost to ship a 1lb package to california. I'm still learning. Swizzle

swizzle

Reaction score
I just added a huge lot of 15 bottles and I'm going to throw in an extra bottle, maybe even 2. I will be adding a few more bottles before the end of the night so keep checking back. Swizzle

onabininger

Reaction score
Hi...excellent first listing ...and I actually bid on one...the Salzman flask...I have 2 larger Salzman bottles ..thought that would be a great go with...ebay name wndynn..and I have a bunch of bottles listed too..nothing special this week...most pretty clean .I wont be around when your auction ends to do any competive bidding.. hard to tell if your bottle is hazy..tho..so I wont go crazy..and if it is..Ill be talking to Mike O again....my one thought on your listing..use the crop feature on pictures..chop off the box a bit.. have a super sell out..wendy

swizzle

Reaction score
I have a half gallon salzman stoneware jug if your interested. The bottle as far as i can tell does have hazing. I haven't tried to clean it with the works though so I'm not sure if it'll come off or not. The jug does have a chip in it and I can post pics if you like. If your interested I paid $15 for the jug and can probably ship it for $6 I'll take $20 total to ship the jug. PM me if you want it and I'll work on saving you some money by combining the shipping. Swizzle

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter