Bottles and stuff - junk?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

herphandler

Reaction score
Hey i am new to this forum and digging. i am 15 years old and have been digging in and around a creek near my 150+ year old house.
Here is my photobucket acount link. http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c14/herphandler1/?start=0
there are several pages of bottles and odd items a have found. let me know if any of it's worth anything. i have posted this on other forums and most of the people say it's junk. i just want to make sure it is before i throw it out.

thanks!

tigue710

Reaction score
Never dug a dog before, but I have dug a few snakes! Cool salamander....

A lot of what you have there is newer then what most people collect.... it all comes down to what you like though, thats what it is about. If the house is that old then there are bottles that old too. If you want to find older stuff keep looking. Sometimes its all in the same spot but often with the invent of the automobile the inhabitants would change where they dumped, usually they moved it farther away...

Check closer to the house in the creek and around the stone walls... if you have any old barns and sheds look through them good and take a look under them too... god luck!

herphandler

Reaction score
alright thanks a lot guys! and it's actualy a snake :p not a salamander :)
i have to find the old privy spots but i dont really know how to go about it. people have given me lots of advice but im not sure how to use a metal rod and stuff..(how thick the rod should be, what shape it should be, or just a strait rod, etc.
also even if i do end up somehow finding an old privy spot im gonna have a heck of a time trying to convince my mom to dig up her yard [&:]

herphandler

Reaction score
Hey I just dug a hole in our garden just to see if i might get lucky and hit an old dump or something.
here are some pictures of the hole. theres some weird black small rocks in the bottom with water. but it was a dry day so i dont know why it's so wet.
holeiduginthegarden004.jpg

holeiduginthegarden003.jpg

thanks!
herphandler

herphandler

Reaction score
didnt work in that post, sorry. here are the pics.
holeiduginthegarden003.jpg

holeiduginthegarden004.jpg

Attachments

• 0B5C28203F1A497D81BE432FCBEB3FA2.jpg
    0B5C28203F1A497D81BE432FCBEB3FA2.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 32

Stardust

Reaction score
Hi,
Don't throw out the pooch and the elephant with the trunk up he's a good luck charm. I dug a lot of bottles as a kid around my house in the woods nothing special to anyone but me. my tresures from yesterday. Always wanted to open a store called something like that. For people looking for things from their childhood. Anyway welcome, and if you like anything keep it and someday if you have kids and you can say i dug this up at my house.With Love and with bottles, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Value on the other hand is a hole other thing. Good Luck to you. I wish you many bottles to come your way.
~Stardust~

Stardust

Reaction score
hey mr.cat,
that's a great site i've been searching for one all afternoon.
now i'll know what to read in the middle of the night.
stardust

Stardust

Reaction score
did you have a question my dear?
stardust

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson