Bottles for them, bottles for me

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RedGinger

Reaction score
I would like to start this thread by thanking Charlie (Cyberdigger) for the bottles he sent me along with the awesome booklet. When I arrived home from a long day of digging, my bottles were not where I had been looking for them (in the ground). They were in my own mailbox[:)]. I had a feeling something had come. What a nice treat! It was so generous of Charlie and everything was wrapped with such care.

Now on to our dig ( Joe and Tom did very well). Joe and I met up with Tom this afternoon. The site was an old barbershop Tom had just sold. Out front sat a large excavator. Joe had a key, but thought better of pushing his luck with it. [:D] This is a site Joe and Tom dug nextdoor to, about five years ago. It was the former site of the Independent Bottling Works of Bradford, PA.

I spotted a few shards next to the building and said, "Let's dig here!" It was a tight space, but we knew there were lots of bottles to be found. Children's shoes, a marble, blob necks, black glass, and plenty of shards were soon popping out. I did the best I could. None of us wanted to stop, so we took turns. I let the guys clear out the hole periodically. I'm just not as strong. Joe shovels like a gopher, in Tom's words, and Tom is great at lifting those heavy shovelfulls of dirt. Of course, when the bottles started to come out, I ran back home for the camera and missed the first few.[:mad:] On to the pics now, and some more info.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Laur was having trouble logging in...here's a few pics.
Here's a horseradish or pickle w/arched panel coming out.

499AF6C53D5A42D6B7CE453D94F20C4F.jpg

Attachments

• 499AF6C53D5A42D6B7CE453D94F20C4F.jpg
    499AF6C53D5A42D6B7CE453D94F20C4F.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 29

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
We had to call it a day, but we're going back tommorow too, possibly Monday as well...We're hoping the operator for the excavator has some free time to help us out...since this is a permission dig. We took some vids but our computer is too slow to load them. We'll post more as we dig more. Thanks everybody for sharing our dig,... Joe, Laur and Tom.(Penn Digger)

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28