Bottles found in Thames (revisited)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mihai

Reaction score
I did it again. Another visit to my old friend, the Thames, another two bottles. Because I can attach only one picture I will split this entry in two. In first I will show a stoneware bottle with the next inscription: "C. JONES EDWIN ROAD TWICKENHAM" on the shoulder and an inscription on the heel from which I can partially read
"FULHAM BOTTLE...
FULHAM
LONDON..."
It's 172mm high, 70mm diameter, good condition except some marks left by water. By the way, can anybody tell me how can I clean this stanes? The soak in plain water trick will not work considering the place from where I took it and I don't want to spoil it with some chemicals. Can you please tell me also the age and value of this bottle? Thank you.

Kh17697.jpg

Attachments

• Kh17697.jpg
    Kh17697.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 63

capsoda

Reaction score
It looks like a mud sediment stain. Warm soapy water and a soft brush after the bleach should do it.

Let us know if it won't come off as there are a few other oppitions.[;)]

Mihai

Reaction score
Thank you for your advice. I've put the bottles for a few hours in warm soapy water, which broke down the remaining dirt, and than I let the bleach to do its magic. They are now very clean. Still some marks but the result it's encouraging. I'll try again later when my nose will not be so itchy.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A Giles