Bottles found literally under my feet

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Backyard goldmine

Reaction score
Here are 72 bottles that I found literally under my feet. (9 inches deep in my property.) Wasn’t looking for anything when I came across these and maybe 50 more that I haven’t even began to look at yet. I doubt you can tell what is here, but if you see something that you think could be more rare or of greater importance than the others, could you let me know? These are the first bottles I’ve ever tried to identify in my life. 9 of the bottles are hand blown.

Attachments

• E8688CFC-1AA6-4A9A-9DCF-E9FF42B6C6FB.jpeg
    E8688CFC-1AA6-4A9A-9DCF-E9FF42B6C6FB.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 97
  • FF2973B6-B739-4F0C-8C67-F03C04990BAA.jpeg
    FF2973B6-B739-4F0C-8C67-F03C04990BAA.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 86

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Here are 72 bottles that I found literally under my feet. (9 inches deep in my property.) Wasn’t looking for anything when I came across these and maybe 50 more that I haven’t even began to look at yet. I doubt you can tell what is here, but if you see something that you think could be more rare or of greater importance than the others, could you let me know? These are the first bottles I’ve ever tried to identify in my life. 9 of the bottles are hand blown.
That is cool. Not too deep. What if you do go further down. Maybe even older. Soy sauce jug looks old. Maybe the other jug also but hard to tell from the picture. Looks promising. If you find anymore stuff I would love to see what your getting. Thanks for posting the pictures.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

RCO

Reaction score
its common for people to find bottles on there own property , especially during covid / lockdowns , more people are outdoors and exploring there backyards

so previously unknown dumps and hiding spots are being found

Backyard goldmine

Reaction score
That is cool. Not too deep. What if you do go further down. Maybe even older. Soy sauce jug looks old. Maybe the other jug also but hard to tell from the picture. Looks promising. If you find anymore stuff I would love to see what your getting. Thanks for posting the pictures.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
So far from my very new knowledge of bottles, I have 9 that are hand blown, assuming right at 1900 and older. I’m getting that from not seeing a seam to all the way up to the top of the lip. It’s hard to know what ones are worth posting pictures of.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
So far from my very new knowledge of bottles, I have 9 that are hand blown, assuming right at 1900 and older. I’m getting that from not seeing a seam to all the way up to the top of the lip. It’s hard to know what ones are worth posting pictures of.
Post it all. Let people decide which one they want closer or better pictures of if you want. Group pictures like you did is great. Any embossed, hand blown, pontiled hopefully, should be a single shot. Slicks are bottles with nothing embossed on them. Short of the soy jug and the other jug. Not many will have much value. You never know, that's why I post everything I find. Hope this helps.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster