bottles i got the balt. bottle club

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
i took a picture of the back of the schick & fett, hope all the large bubles show.

DD2FCFB660C646E2A92D1E09EE0670A1.jpg

Attachments

• DD2FCFB660C646E2A92D1E09EE0670A1.jpg
    DD2FCFB660C646E2A92D1E09EE0670A1.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 68

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
RE: bottles i got the balt. club 3 cleaned

hi ben, love all the big bubbles in the S&F. can you see the one that's right in the middle of & sign. the large one must be 1"long. thanks for looking, rhona

kastoo

Reaction score
RE: bottles i got the balt. club 3 cleaned

That stuff must have been some serious moola! I'm happy for ya!

LC

Reaction score
I have not heard the name Ellicott City for a good thirty years or so . I was visiting my Uncle who lived on what I believe was called Fox Den Drive not far from or possibly part of Ellicot City back in the seventies , too long ago to remember for sure . [/align] I never saw a town built on such a steep hillside like that city was built , or it was more a deep valley if remember right . I bought a newspaper in one of the shops there showing pictures of the flood that struck there I believe sometime in the seventies ?? I would have to find the newspaper again to be sure . Anyway , there was actually a picture of a flood victim on the front page , all you could see was his feet , the rest of him was buried under the mud . I still can not believe someone had the gull to do such a thing as show someone's loved like that in a newspaper . I still have that newspaper someplace around here .[/align] Also while we were there , I took my two children to a park called the Enchanted Forest . Can anyone tell me if that place still exists ? One of the neatest parks I had ever seen for children . Its theme was nursery rhymes characters and setups depicting them among other things . I have pictures of it from when we were there so many years ago . And if you think I butted into your conversation , pardon me in advance !! It was not my plan to do so .

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi kevin and LC, thanks for looking, i can say i got the violin bottle for $5.00. i took a chane that it would tumble even tho it was an odd shape. came out pretty good. LC, don't mind talking about ellicott city, super cool old place. your right about the steep hills. try climeing up one with a load of bottles in your back pack[8D]. that was haurricane agnes that went thru in the 70's. they still have part of the enchanted forrest there. take care, rhona

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Best thing about ellicot city is that native stone they used for the buildings. A very unique look. Whenever i'm there I always think , this would be a bad place to be in a flash flood[;)]

cracked bottle

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: L C

I have not heard the name Ellicott City for a good thirty years or so . I was visiting my Uncle who lived on what I believe was called Fox Den Drive not far from or possibly part of Ellicot City back in the seventies , too long ago to remember for sure . [/align] I never saw a town built on such a steep hillside like that city was built , or it was more a deep valley if remember right . I bought a newspaper in one of the shops there showing pictures of the flood that struck there I believe sometime in the seventies ?? I would have to find the newspaper again to be sure . Anyway , there was actually a picture of a flood victim on the front page , all you could see was his feet , the rest of him was buried under the mud . I still can not believe someone had the gull to do such a thing as show someone's loved like that in a newspaper . I still have that newspaper someplace around here .[/align] Also while we were there , I took my two children to a park called the Enchanted Forest . Can anyone tell me if that place still exists ? One of the neatest parks I had ever seen for children . Its theme was nursery rhymes characters and setups depicting them among other things . I have pictures of it from when we were there so many years ago . And if you think I butted into your conversation , pardon me in advance !! It was not my plan to do so .

LC,

The Enchanted Forest is an interesting story. My parents took me there when I was younger back in the 70's. The front entrance and some of the park are still there. Some of the park was sold off and made into a shopping center. The woods and the neat houses and characters sat and rotted for 20 years or so. A petting farm off of Rt 108 ( Elioaks Farm) gathered volunteers and removed most of the remaining structures and moved them to their petting farm. All of the structures, etc were restored and painted by corporate sponsers and volunteers. I take may kids there now and it is nice to see the old houses and figurines redone. This farm saved part of the Enchanted Forest memories. During the summer you should see how crowded the place is. Thought you would enjoy this. Here is a link to there web site.
http://www.clarklandfarm.com/
Enjoy

Marc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorginaAc