Bottles & Jars for sale - Dayton OH

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
CB is Clevenger Brothers. Your bottle looks like the correct form to be an eagleflag GXII-53 or 54. It's hard to tell with the pic what it is. It's blury, the bottle is dirty and I cant tell the size. To me it looked like quart but that won't fit with the numbers. I need to see it cleaned up some.
Even Clevenger is (especially if early) worth some (20-50+ depending), but I'd like to see it cleaned up. The other side is a must also.
Try posting it separate under real or fake.
Eric

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Well, I adjusted the pic and the lip doesn't look quite like an original but I still can't be sure. If is is a repro I'm guessing a pretty good one. Size does look closer to pint also.
Make sure you get a shot if the base too,

5BB65569A6C243CCA894281F31BEBBF3.jpg

Attachments

• 5BB65569A6C243CCA894281F31BEBBF3.jpg
    5BB65569A6C243CCA894281F31BEBBF3.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 78

Kermy812

Reaction score
I was trying to identify some of the ones mentioned by jays emporium. Which photos have these?:

Ball Standard jars
Jumbo Peanut Butter jar

jays emporium

Reaction score
Ball Standard is an aqua quart jar. I think there are 2 of them, one next to a little green glass bowl, and one with a lid next to a wicker covered bottle in the pictures with a bunch of jars. Jumbo Peanut Butter is a clear jar with swirled ridges all around it and picture of an elephant on one side. The one I think is a Jumbo jar I can only see the back of in two pics, it is also close to the green bowl and right next to a Ball jar with a big crack in it and close to a clear lantern globe in the last jar picture. I'm not sure it is a Jumbo, can only see the swirled side and not the elephant.

glass man

Reaction score
I PRAY IT WORKS OUT FOR YOU...I KNOW HOW IT IS...WHAT THE FAMILY DID NOT WANT OF MOM AND DAD'S WE GAVE IT AWAY OR PUT LOW PRICES ON THINGS AND HAD AN ESTATE SALE..I KNOW A BIT ABOUT ANTIQUES...SO I KNOW WE LET NO $1000 ITEM GO FOR A BUCK....JAMIE

Kermy812

Reaction score
I finally unloaded the crate and took pictures. The first 4 photos shows all of them laid out, followed by close-ups:
http://gallery.me.com/kermitr#100065
This took all day! I found some dad's marbles white cleaning. I think I'll clean up a few jars and put them inside and just keep for myself. I think it would be a nice keepsake to remind me of dad. I'll post pictures in a few days when I get it done.

glass man - this has been so much work and emotional duress...

cowseatmaize - Here is the green bottle all cleaned up:
http://gallery.me.com/kermitr#100075
Are you wanting to buy it?

coreya - Here are all the picture of the insulators:
http://gallery.me.com/kermitr#100098
What would be a fair price for the 8 of them?

jays emporium

Reaction score
I looked at the pics of the bottles from the trunk. There are about 20 bottles that would be in the "over $5.00 but less than $10.00" category. That is the embossed sodas and beers and the embossed Ohio drug stores.
There really should have been some better bottles in a collection that size. Does anyone else feel like I do that this collection has been picked clean either by thieves or a bottle picker years ago? They didn't even leave you a Hostetters.

TJSJHART

Reaction score
i know what it's like to have to go through the things your dad left , i had to do the same thing years ago with my bros. it's not easy. I'd be interested in the acl (applied color label) soda pops that are there . if you can put them together and let me know what you want for them let me know . I'll pay postage and what ever you want for them. get back to me when you are ready. thanks TIM

TJSJHART

Reaction score
Kermy, i went through the pics i counted 6 bottles 7-up mountain dew , Pepsi , 48 oz. coke , orange crush, and a 64 oz. coke . let me know if you might still have any of them . thanks Tim

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide