Bottles on T.V.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bottlez

Reaction score
While watching T.V. recent I saw two episodes of bottles flash across the screen and thought it was interesting. While watching the news a spot came on about a rapper/singer that was in a bit of hot water. While they were talking about him they played parts of one of his videos and during the song, he was performing in front of a wall that was covered with what looked like St. Drakes all back lit up and everything. Also on one of the home shows (similar to this old house or the like ) a couple were restoring an old house and one of the original occupants came by and talked of the history of it and what they did with the cistern. The new owners excavated the cistern and uncovered loads of bottles...was fun watching but I just wish they had focused a bit more on the bottles instead of the house. Oh well maybe next time. I just found these things interesting and thought I would share them with everyone.

Happy Hunting,
Mike

Pontiled

Reaction score
Hi Mike,

I wish they would show the details on bottles for us (bottle collectors) as well as those who could become collectors. However, have you seen TV shows that had props that were much newer? Civil War shows sometimes will show a bottle that is made well after the Civil War (1861-1865).

Maybe they need a copy of my book! (The Collector' s Guide to Civil War Bottles and Jars)

Mike Russell

BottleDig1

Reaction score
Just think of all those ''old'' bottles that were shot up in the old western movies.
pitiful, really. [:(] [:D]

drjhostetters

Reaction score
..or "broken" over a bad guys' head in those bar room fights?...lol...

Bluebelle

Reaction score
Me too - there is a show on HGTV called "If Walls Could Talk", and lots of times they find bottles in their old houses, and I just about shriek when the camera pans by them without stopping.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4