Bottles with your last name

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Original post from Grugirl . . .
Wow, I guess my hopes of finding a bottle with the name Gruenstein or Weisenberger are dashed.

Reply from Druggistnut.
I believe there is a Wiesenberger hutch from Chicago. I know I have seen one, anyway.

Hey Grugirl,
Bill is correct. I have many Weissenburger hutches. He bottled out of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Unfortunately, there are two "S"es in the last name. But its durn close. Can't help with Gruenstein though.

Plumbata

Reaction score
My last name is nowhere to be found on bottles. I have searched several times but my direct forebears were all Slovak farmers; not the type to have had bottles produced. Perhaps some related Rockwell or Vinson bottles exist, but none with my actual surname. I've found a few books published, which is a start, but paper isn't the same as glass.

I suppose the next course of action involves contracting with a modern glassblower to create bottles with my name! It has been a dream for a while but sooner or later it should become a reality. Imagine cracking open the lightning seal of a slugplated emerald green bottle embossed with your name and filled with the finest quality homemade mead or rare fruit wine. That would be the pure essence of class. Saving several for the grand-kids would be even more rewarding. Perhaps 100 years later even they would become valuable collectibles!

mctaggart67

Reaction score
Mine's Phillips, and I go out of my way to point out to non-collecting friends to not pick me up any Phillips' Milk of Magnesia bottles! I've had so many of them given to me. I did dig up a shard of a rare Phillips soda water bottle from Goderich, Ontario. It's kicking around somewhere.

surfaceone

Reaction score
I suppose the next course of action involves contracting with a modern glassblower to create bottles with my name! It has been a dream for a while but sooner or later it should become a reality. Imagine cracking open the lightning seal of a slugplated emerald green bottle embossed with your name and filled with the finest quality homemade mead or rare fruit wine. That would be the pure essence of class. Saving several for the grand-kids would be even more rewarding. Perhaps 100 years later even they would become valuable collectibles!

Hey Plumby,

That sounds like it involves all kinds'a patience, delayed gratification and the like. Just finding the right glassblower might be a test. Have they got a glass department at the university?

If there's anyone I know who could build one from shards, it's you. I'm remembering your great bionic digging device just now. Perhaps, a hanging stained glass shardapalooza to begin with. Just thinking out loud here, but there's poetry in the dirt from a shardwise perspective. I know you've seen it...

vanwinckel_dirt.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter