Boxes of old bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

coolcalcium

Reaction score
I inherited (among other things) about 15 boxes of old bottles my great uncle used to collect. He lived in southern California and found most of them digging in the ditches in his neighborhood. I've been through a lot of the boxes and there is a huge variety of very old looking medicine, soda, liquor and strange unidentifiable bottles. I'm not sure what to do with them or know if they are worth anything. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do with them? Maybe I could post pics on here?

Thanks

Lindsey

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Lindsey, Welcome to the forum.

Post pictures and the folks on this forum will help you ID them and give you a rough estament of their value. Don't worry about burning us out on pictures cause we love them. There are several venues for selling them and I am sure you will be told about all of them. There is always the chance you will get the bottle disease. It is a horrible affliction that starts by digging, finding, or inheriting bottles and then the collecting starts.[:eek:]

ktbi

Reaction score
Hey Lindsey, Welcome to the forum.

Post pictures and the folks on this forum will help you ID them and give you a rough estament of their value. Don't worry about burning us out on pictures cause we love them. There are several venues for selling them and I am sure you will be told about all of them. There is always the chance you will get the bottle disease. It is a horrible affliction that starts by digging, finding, or inheriting bottles and then the collecting starts.

.......followed by watching movies to make sure they used the right piece's as props. I can't be the only one that notices that......Welcome to the forum....Ron

appliedlips

Reaction score
[:D] Your not alone.Nothing worse than seeing a dutch onion in a Western.

bostaurus

Reaction score
I am so glad to know that I am not the only one that checks out the bottles in movies. I think it must be one of the advanced symptoms of the disease.

coolcalcium

Reaction score
Ok thanks - I don't even know where to start but I guess I'll take some pictures of the ones I found "cute" or interesting. Where should I post them?

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn