Boy Scouts Button???

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Brandons Bottles

Reaction score
I made this find today with my Garret AT Pro. I'm thinking it's a boy scout button, but I'm not really sure. It's a little bit bigger than a quarter and there is a hole in the back where I'm thinking a shank or loop would go. The only markings are the bear and design on the front. Could anyone tell me what it is for or how old it is? Thanks very much.
001-29.jpg

002-30.jpg

epackage

Reaction score
I doubt there's a tie in with the Boy Scouts, if there was I would expect to see many more of them around. I'm going with a childs button from the TOC...This example sold for $45....

46B19FD28AA141559AD3D372115FD9FD.jpg

Attachments

• 46B19FD28AA141559AD3D372115FD9FD.jpg
    46B19FD28AA141559AD3D372115FD9FD.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 86

Brandons Bottles

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I would have assumed with the bear and all, it would have to do with the boy scouts. By the way, where did that picture come from?

epackage

Reaction score
E-Bay, I figure if it was made for the Boy Scouts there would many thousands of them to be found..

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: blobbottlebob

Nice job E. That looks exactly like it except for the color.
I love trying to research things like this when bored Bob...[;)]

Poison_Us

Reaction score
If it was a BSA button, it would have their emblem on it somewhere, and a maker, like T.H. Foley or Robbins Co on the back (the makers of the Eagle Scout Award and rank pins). Usually most of their pins had a Patent date of 1911, but it was there through the years. This is what one would look like form the teens or there about.

1910+BSA+buttons.jpg

Yes, this was one my other hobbies from years past. I had a traveling museum with one of the best Eagle Scout collections in the area. But as fate would have it, when I moved to Green bay back in '99, could not find a job right away, and I sold my entire collection for $5K. To this day, I have not gotten back into scouting, probably because of the pain it caused me to sell my entire scouting career on ebay. I traded my red wools for black leather and haven't looked back. Still hurts to this day.

Brandons Bottles

Reaction score
Thanks, Poison_Us. Actually, I've been researching the Boy Scouts buttons and have learned a lot on buttons themselves. It seems to be a really money-involved hobby, and I don't think I'd ever want to get involved with it. [>:]

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Yes, scouting memorabilia collectors are just as nuts as the rest of us...and its a hug hobby. In fact, I have seen it grow immensely on ebay over the years. There used to be 20 or so pages of stuff...now its in the 1000s. I mostly had vintage national issue stuff...which is what usually has value and historical significance. But there is a niche in Order of the Arrow stuff as well and I had quite the lot of those items, dating back to the 20s. I do miss it a lot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday