brass door latch?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Hi Diggerjeff,
Thank you for the info on my unexpected discovery. This is almost like Antiques Roadshow. Surprised to find out that it is worth that much. Tee-handle bellpull that's a new one for me. Believe it or not this one came from the same dump I got the wide mouth case gin bottle from. I have always saved odd things I find digging and its fun trying to figure out what they are or were. Guess I will have to watch for more of these around here. Have to see if my friend still has the other one. Must be more around if I have found 2 in the last few years. Have several other odd things I've dug guess I'll have to post some others. I will keep you in mind if I find another one. Thaks again.
May the bottle gods smile on you.
Cliff

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Wow! This is a great lesson for all those diggers out there who just toss or rake aside anything that's not glass! I was guilty of this when I first started, but then I came to my senses.[;)] More than once I've gone back to some 'dug-out' sites with my home made screener just to see what would turn up. Soooo, Cliff, WHAT ELSE did you pull out of that dump in Bath?!!!! First that incredible case gin, now this? Come on, stop teasing us![:D] I'm ready to hike up there from Westbrook and dig through the Maine Perma-frost![8D]

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Maine Digger,
Three of us dug on this dump all fall into January. We found some decent bottles in about every category you can name. Poisons,meds,druggists,liquors etc. Very few screw top bottles. A few pontil bottles. I did find three 1915 cokes one day. Every day was fun and we would split up any we ran into several of. Bottle gods smiled on everyone at times.

diggerjeff

Reaction score
IF THEY ARE STEEL , JUST THROW THEM IN PAINT THINNER! IT WONT HURT THEM !
ALL THIESE WERE ORIG. PAINTED GLOSS BLACK OR PLATED IN BRASS. IF YOU WANT CLEAR COAT YOU WILL HAVE TO HAVE THEM SAND BLASTED. OR JUST REPAINT TO CONTROLL RUST! THEY LOOK 1880'S OR 1890'S . VERY FANCY HINGES!

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Hi all Cliff popped in on me today to check out my tumbling operation and just happened to have that brass bell pull with him! I couldn't believe it when he traded it to me for that abm Bakers extract!!!! lol [:D] It really is elaborately detailed right down to the dogs eyes! Thanks for showing it to me Cliff! Taz

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Hi Taz,
Quite an impressive collection of bottles you have. Always great to see bottles you usually just read about. Nice bottle tumbler as well. First time I have seen one in operation. Will stop by to chat again when in the area. Thanks
Cliff

diggs

Reaction score
Hey there prospector.I have no idea about your finds.I have dug a bunch of these fixtures up and put them in a pile.I,m going back to my spot and get them and clean them up and take some pictures for you-all to see.I have a very heavy and unusual one with the bunch.Looks like a fancy door fixture.Sorry I cant help you,but you have helped me.I had no idea about these fixtures,until now. Thanks again.Hope someone can give you the info. you need.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen