brick lined privy

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CreekWalker

Reaction score
As a 35 year bridge builder and concrete worker, I can safely say rednecks in all 50 states.If you dig privy holes, trash pits, garbage dumps,look under or inside abandoned houses or barns, wade creeks looking for dump sites for discarded artifacts, (aka:bottles) you would qualify as a redneck! Also mortar is called grout around here, it's made from portland cement and sand. [;)]

cacarpetbagger

Reaction score
Red neck, I know it means something different now but I think the term came from miners trying to organize unions in the late 1800's and early 1900's. They wore red bandanas around their necks. The movement turned into the largest armed uprising in America beside the civil war, I think. I like the jokes. The only mortared hole I have dug was bowl shaped and bout six feet deep in the middle. figured it to be a cistern, lots of bottles not to old.

tigue710

Reaction score
RE: bricked lined privy

ORIGINAL: mtfdfire22

ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

Holy chit E ! you typed all that out didn't you? [:D]

You know your a red neck if you dig out crap holes in peoples yards.

you really know your a redneck when after digging the crap hole you take home what you found in the crap hole.

lol, thats my favorite one

Penn Digger

Reaction score

New name for Sick Rick, now Redneck Ricky. LOL [8D] I think I like it better.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cacarpetbagger

Red neck, I know it means something different now but I think the term came from miners trying to organize unions in the late 1800's and early 1900's. They wore red bandanas around their necks. The movement turned into the largest armed uprising in America beside the civil war, I think. I like the jokes. The only mortared hole I have dug was bowl shaped and bout six feet deep in the middle. figured it to be a cistern, lots of bottles not to old.

The term actually came from poor farmers working in the fields all day. The sun beat on their neck hence the name "good ole boys" [:D]

I heard the coal miner story also, but I think "Red neck" started with the farmers.

JGUIS

Reaction score

I've dug several completely sealed privies, none were ever cisterns. They were all shallow, 4' or under, and had sealed brick floors also. All were dipped clean.

andy volkerts

Reaction score

[:-]Never dug a parged, stuccoed, grouted, plastered, or cemented privy out here in the west, dont know about other parts of the country tho.........

CCB420

Reaction score
I was just trying to search what the official name was for beer cans, prior to the pull top, when you had to use the lil triangle tip opener, then punch two holes in the top, when I ran across this ten yr old post, but had to comment after making it, only about a quarter of the way down that list! Now I am aware that I've been asking questions to members that us rednecks would call Yankees, but if you actually took time to think about, much less had the time to type, all of that list.......maybe another hobby is what you need! Obviously bottle hunting has not sufficiently filled the idle time, that must be available to the author of such an offensive post! I may have just felt 'triggered' for the first time ever! Oh wait, hold up a sec, nevermind, must've been gas from the possum quesadillas I made last night, I'm over it!! Now there aren't any rednecks north of interstate 20, you're then a hillbilly, at least til you get to the mason dixon line!! I'll refrain from commenting on how we rednecks think of the democrats, I mean Americans who like shoveling snow and think our way of life is.....well need I say more, just scroll up!!

Now, being a college educated redneck, I've been all over the country, either just visiting, working, or vacationing from Virginia to Wyoming to Nevada, California, DC, New York, Utah, Carolinas, Florida, etc, but will have to say....never mind, let me leave it at Bless your lil heart!! And y'all can have all that cold, uphill, concrete infested life!! I wouldn't trade in my upbringing in Gods country down here for anything! If you're wondering, yes I can skin a buck, and run a trot line, cuz a country boy can survive! Think I'm about to go deer hunting with a sixty round clip, yee haw!!

CCB

P.S. Thanks to all the intelligent, well rounded, Americans (most of which who do not reside here in redneckville) for delivering upon us all such a fine example of a non- redneck American to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, I guess we rednecks are just to uneducated to see what a fine job he's doing....thanks again

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler