Brings tears to my eyes every single damn time

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
I've been a big fan of Govt Mule since they started, got turned on to them because their music fit the biker scene very well. Since I'm a huge Roger Waters fan because of his dark and lamenting influence on Pink Floyd I fell in love with Cortez the Killer, so much of it reminds of something Waters would be do....Great stuff

I'm not ready to trash Prince just yet, if When Doves Cry provided the inspiration to create this version then I'm happy he did it. Not my cup of tea but it did a nice job in helping spawn Beautifully Broken...[;)]

Plumbata

Reaction score
Awesome Jim, I don't know anything about the biker scene but apparently they appreciate good music! [:D]

I also greatly enjoy Banks of the Deep End and their version of Thirty Days in the Hole.

Both resonate with me a whole lot, because of my issues with alcoholism/addiction. It would be very easy to take the lower path and succumb entirely, and sometimes I feel like giving up, but I desperately *want* to be a better and more balanced person and good music really helps me capture the glow of hope and goodness within myself necessary to continue striving for a better life.

epackage

Reaction score
Great to hear that it helps, keep fighting the good fight brother, I have the same proclivities....Banks of the Deep End is an Awesome tune, as is most of their music. Growing up in house filled with country music always gave me a great appreciation for the Southern or Blues Rock genre when I reached my teens...

epackage

Reaction score
As for Thirty Days in the Hole, give me this version over Humble Pies anyday...[;)]

j.dinets

Reaction score
I have always enjoyed the 9th symphony especially the "Ode to Joy". I've been listening to it since I was 13 and have always found it uplifting. I tend to like a lot of classical music especially that which has a rising joyful sounding beat. I like "The ride of the Valkyries", at the beginning of Act III of "Die Walkure" in the second opera of Wagners' "Ring Cycle", for the same reason, (even though in this case , the result is tragic, unless of course you consider being put into a catatonic sleep in a ring of fire a plus thing). I even enjoy the Bugs Bunny version[:D].

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: j.dinets

I even enjoy the Bugs Bunny version[:D].
I love the fact that most people don't even realize they like Classical Music, until they see an old episode of Bugs Bunny....They used it ALOT

BillinMo

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Plumbata

Bill - The 7th is fantastic, but personally it feels emotionally incomplete or unbalanced. The 9th sweeps me across the whole spectrum of human emotional experience, both the highest of highs and lowest of lows, whereas the 7th feels like it is lamenting a loss or destruction and generally focused on more melancholy themes. Maybe I am just biased by the 2nd movement. Not to say that it isn't of exquisite beauty, certainly, and music like this is inherently more personal and open to individual interpretation relative to music focused on lyrics versus instrumentation, so it can mean many things for many people. The other mentioned artists are lovely, Mozart was a big favorite as a kid, and Bach and Telemann are superb (Did I mention that Baroque music is awesome? [:)]) Corelli is also way up there as far as Baroque goes. Never heard any renaissance sacred music but will certainly check it out now, thanks.

Picking a favorite Beethoven symphony is like a favorite color -- everyone will find something special that speaks to them on a personal level. The real wonder is how deeply Beethoven's music touches all of us.

Here's one of my favorite Josquin pieces to give you a little taste: Josquin - Ave Maria Virgo Serena

epackage

Reaction score
We actually have a very accomplished classical pianist in our midst, I don't want to give his identity away because I don't know if he would be comfortable with it, but I have seen him on video and I was ready to yell Bravo!!!(when he finished)[;)]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I got choked up a bit when I ran into THIS ..art & music are awesome, especially when combined well!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenGlassNDrivewayRocks