Broken crosses: The gateway drug

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Gromit0299

Reaction score
So I took my first venture out "bottle digging." It wasn't a true digging venture, more of a nature walk with my kids to kind of get a feel for what I'm doing. I really only bought a shovel and some gloves, and then gauged my walk on how my kids were doing (note: my daughter cried the whole time, she's not a nature girl. Not unless nature involves tree that bear chocolate [8D]). We took a walk along local train tracks. Just meandering. There was a gravel lot belonging to an old industrial building (I beleive it used to be an old Stove factory), that has been here pretty much since the town was founded. I came across a bulldozed pile of shards of glass, and I know where there's shards, there's a possibility of bottles. I didn't look for long, since it was getting late, but I did find this:

I wasn't sure what it was when I first dug it up, but once I cleaned it off, I could see what it was. I'm not religious, so I've never seen a solid glass cross, but I'll tell you, that first hit.... [:D]

F2E6D5B5F2D5466F9F65B129CCE27AAC.jpg

Attachments

• F2E6D5B5F2D5466F9F65B129CCE27AAC.jpg
    F2E6D5B5F2D5466F9F65B129CCE27AAC.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 40

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member