Brown's Botters Tumbled...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Staunton Dan

Reaction score
Four days in the tumbler with 1500 grit makes this a much more desireable bottle. Thought that I would share this with you all. What I thought was citrine I am more likely now to call it a light honey amber. Still a stunning color.

BCF10970D8BA495A9EB8667D5F54E193.jpg

lexdigger

Reaction score
RE: Brown's Bitters Tumbled...

Yeah, I'd agree on honey amber. That pickle looking thing sitting next to the Brown's in the window shot sure looks Citron or Yellow though.

Staunton Dan

Reaction score
RE: Brown's Bitters Tumbled...

ORIGINAL: lexdigger

Yeah, I'd agree on honey amber. That pickle looking thing sitting next to the Brown's in the window shot sure looks Citron or Yellow though.

I agree to your agreement on the honey amber. [:D] The pickle looking food bottle is a little greaner than the picture shows so I'm calling that one yellow green or something like that. Thanks for your input.

9F8F75FF6E814A8BA895BDD813EBAAC7.jpg

Attachments

• 9F8F75FF6E814A8BA895BDD813EBAAC7.jpg
    9F8F75FF6E814A8BA895BDD813EBAAC7.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 38

surfaceone

Reaction score
Four days in the tumbler with 1500 grit makes this a much more desireable bottle.

Hey Dan,

Obviously, I'm tumblerless. Though there are probably times I wished I had one. I wanted to stick up the "Before" picture.

3AD1BEE68451429D92E0B067F83111A6.jpg
What a knock out Yellow, I thought, when first I glimpsed this.

3AD1BEE68451429D92E0B067F83111A6.jpg
BCF10970D8BA495A9EB8667D5F54E193.jpg
You did an outstanding job! Would'ya call that a light tumble? Did'ya use walnut shells and crushed Oreos, or what?

Is it just me and my quirky screen, or is this really yellow amber? I stuck that "amber" on there for form. This bottle just yells, "Yellow" at me. Whatever the palette choice of words, it's a real beauty, Dan. Thanks for the showing.

lola.JPG

epackage

Reaction score
I think if the bottle pic was taken outside like before the tumble it would appear much more yellow, the indoors pic doean't do it justice IMHO[;)]

Staunton Dan

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: surfaceone

Four days in the tumbler with 1500 grit makes this a much more desireable bottle.

Hey Dan,

Obviously, I'm tumblerless. Though there are probably times I wished I had one. I wanted to stick up the "Before" picture.

You did an outstanding job! Would'ya call that a light tumble? Did'ya use walnut shells and crushed Oreos, or what?

Is it just me and my quirky screen, or is this really yellow amber? I stuck that "amber" on there for form. This bottle just yells, "Yellow" at me. Whatever the palette choice of words, it's a real beauty, Dan. Thanks for the showing.

I couldn't live without my homemade tumbler. The bottles that I dig really come out of the ground sickly. I had 2 problems with this bottle. Firstly, it has a weak strike and I didn't want to tumble it too much. I chose 1500 grit and four days of tumbling using copper. The bottle was etched real bad and to take the etching off would have removed more of the embossing, which I didn't want to do. Secondly, I took the untumbled picture outside. The bottle looks yellow in the before picture. It was overcast today, so I took the tumbled picture indoors with artificial lighting. I worked with a photo editing software to get the color in the tumbled picture as close to the original bottle as possible. I come up with honey amber. Like you've said, whatever the color, it's a real beauty.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology