Budweiser Baltimore MD Branch

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

crabbergirl

Reaction score
Ahhh That's the bottle I have 3 of. Inquiring minds are dying to know!

ombudsman

Reaction score
I, too, have some AB bottles that I assumed were Annheiser-Busch (I may not have spelled that right - I hate Bud, though I enjoyed the brewery tour in St. Louis.)

cobaltbot

Reaction score
The following is from David Whitten's excellent website. Doug is right the AB connected is American Bottling and it isn't surprizing that some paper label Anheiser Busch bottles were made by AB co especially due to the fact that AB co bought out the Adolphus Busch Glass Manufacturing Co founded by Adolphus Busch.

[*]A B..................American Bottle Company (1905-1929). See A.B.CO.

ab.jpg

[*]AB (letters attached, as shown)...........American Bottle Company (1905-1929). See A.B.CO.

[*]AB (letters attached) Co...........American Bottle Company (1905-1929). See A.B.CO. mark. This and the above mark was attributed to Adolphus Busch Glass Manufacturing Co. by Toulouse. Recent research (by Bill Lockhart) has shown that the American Bottle Company was the actual source of bottles with the "AB" (letters attached) and "AB CO" marks. The "AB" and "A.B.CO" marks are also frequently misunderstood by collectors to mean "Anheuser-Busch", which is incorrect.
[*]A.B.C.................Atlantic Bottle Company, Brackenridge, PA (c.1916-1930). First only a distributor (pre-1916), Atlantic was later an actual manufacturer of bottles. The Brackenridge plant was purchased by Owens-Illinois in 1930.
[*]A.B.CO................American Bottle Company (1905-1929). Chicago, IL (office - 1905-1916); Toledo, OH (office - 1916-1929). Glass plant locations at Streator, IL; Newark, OH; Belleville, IL; Massillon, OH & Wooster, OH. The American Bottle Company was purchased by Owens Bottle Machine Company in 1916 (with some of the plants being closed soon afterwards) but the Streator and Newark plants continued to operate under the American Bottle Co. name until 1929, when they became part of the merger that resulted in Owens-Illinois Glass Co. (For Streator and Newark plant marks from 1916 to 1929, see "17N" and "16S" entries). Most, if not all, of the "AB", "AB CO." and "A.B.CO." marked bottles are believed to date between 1905 and 1916. However, it is possible that some bottles with these markings might date between 1916 and 1929, but, if so, could only have been made at either the Streator or Newark plant.
[*]A.B.G.CO..............Adolphus Busch Glass Mnfg. Company, see "A.B.G.M.CO."
[*]A.B.G.C.ST.L..........Adolphus Busch Glass Mnfg. Company (Presumably produced at their St. Louis glass factory location). See next entry.
[*]A.B.G.M.CO............Adolphus Busch Glass Mnfg. Company, plants at Belleville, IL (1886-c.1905) and St.Louis, MO (c.1891-1925). The Belleville factory became part of American Bottle Company c.1905. (See A.B.CO. mark).

privvydigger

Reaction score
Lets see I haven't had a Bud can in my hand in say 14 years or so....I think it goes something like this.....This is the famous budweiser beer, we know of no other brand, produced by any other brewer which cost so much to brew and age. Our exclusive beechwood aging, produces a taste, smoothness & drinkablity you'll find in no other beer...at any price!
Read that when I was 9 years old.....

appliedlips

Reaction score
I don't discount these bottles were used by Anheiser but other beers were bottled and labeled in the same bottles. I've never seen the A.B.G.M. base embossed bottles bearing labels for anything other than Anheiser products.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sneaky Pete