Buffalo Litha's

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Nawakwa

Reaction score
Hello to everyone here, I was surfing the web looking for information on two Buffalo's and found this site. Looks very interesting and I do have a favorite bottle I'd like to toss out later and see what anyone has to say. Right now though I'm looking for concrete information on the teal and honey amber Buffalo Litha's. I held a teal in my hand a few weeks ago at a auction and have seen photo's of two others that are supposed to be the real deal. Several have been on the bay but mostly repros. Can anyone here help me find some pictures of the original amber? Plenty of the repros of these on the bay also. I have even seen a pink one (LOL), I would also like to have a look at the cobalt one.

cc6pack

Reaction score
Here's some discussions on the Buffalo Water, and a gowith from my collection.

https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/searchpro.asp?phrase=Buffalo+lithia&author=&forumid=ALL&topicreply=both&message=body&timeframe=%3E&timefilter=0&language=single&top=300&criteria=AND&minRank=0&sortMethod=r&submitbutton=+OK+

3A802809AAF244C095E9ECDA5410B878.jpg

Attachments

• 3A802809AAF244C095E9ECDA5410B878.jpg
    3A802809AAF244C095E9ECDA5410B878.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 77

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Welcome, I'm not aware of any repro's if we're talking about the same thing. Buffalo lithia water with the seated lady. I have seen the teal and the amber once but they are very uncommon.

Nawakwa

Reaction score
I have seen repros in Pink, Amber and Teal. The pink is easy because it wasn't made. The ambers are more difficult, I currently have one that I'm sure is new and two that I'd bet the farm are old. I've chased the Teal several times I know there are two different designs at least on the old ones. I'm pretty sure the color varies but I haven't caught up with enough old ones to be 100% sure. I've never seen it but the first Buffalo Litha Water has been described to me by the fellow who found it. He said its cobalt blue with a circle and star with Buffalo Litha Water embossed on the front. I have also seen an unopened one that was unique.

Nawakwa

Reaction score
I'm not sure how to include links here yet but on the bay is another of the repro Buffalo bottles, Old Blue Buffalo Mineral Spring Medica Water Bottle. This one is "a Old Antique late 1800's Blue Buffalo Mineral Spring Nature Materia Medica Water Bottle" it is the first one in this color I have seen in the new bottles. The design is an exact match for the new amber and shows the subtle differences from my originals.

Nawakwa

Reaction score
It didn't take long for me to wonder why I even registered. For what I was interested in I never stood a chance, mostly the mineral waters. I also had an eye on some of the sodas but the profit margine was either too narrow or not there. Did you notice the amount of mineral oil that buffalo was coated with?! I couldn't see attending the second sale the first spanked me and sent me packing. Did you pick up anything?

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hi Nawakwa -
The waters went very high because of a couple of bidders, who bid high on a lot of glass. Without mentioning names, when they want something, the sky's the limit. The sodas - Most of them had hidden damage. As a matter of fact, both auctions had a lot bottles w/ hidden damage.

Oil - Nearly all of the older bottles were oiled, inside and out. My hands were nasty every time I handled one.

There were some really good deals, if you stuck around till the end (important in auctions).

Click on the link above in my last reply to see what I got and for other prices from the first auction.

Nawakwa

Reaction score
Yeah I watched the "fella" in the back left he must've spent about three grand. I remeber several of the bottles you got, you were also to my left. I did get a bid in on the Farmvilles, looks like you took the better of the two. I regret not chasing that Thomas Maher futher, I was 2nd bidder, the other sodas in my opinion were just too close and as you say with issues. I know I should've stayed but when the sick budwiser took $45 and I couldn't even win that I was through. Tomorrow's another day there's never a shortage of stuff to buy. I thought oil was left behind years ago, must be I'm just to careful with my few $$$.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday