Bug spray??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Newtothiss

Reaction score
What do y'all use for insect repellent?
I'm curious, and tired of bugs!
I'm not far from buying a barrel of pure DEET and rolling the dice...

102viadeluna

Reaction score
Try "Skin so Soft" by Avon! I've used it for years and it works great!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
If the bugs get really bad I'll just wear a bug net over my head with a wide-brimmed hat. I find the Off Deep Woods repellent works well enough for arms and legs but I'm not spraying that stuff on my face, and if I cover the rest of my body with DEET they just bite my face. I tried a repellent specifically designed for faces once but it it was really irritating if I'd shaved that morning and the mosquitoes just went and started biting my eyes instead.

Long sleeves help of course, if it doesn't get too hot. White clothing helps too (I just looked it up and apparently blue, green, and purple also work). I find mosquitoes still bite me through my clothes but for some reason the bites don't itch afterwards. Not sure why that is.

Newtothiss

Reaction score
I need to figure out how much DEET my body can handle before I just keel over.

I had some all natural repellent that worked good for mosquitos, but it made the bees super interested in me...

Hezezilla

Reaction score
I use King Mosquito Punk. It makes you smell really smokey and it heats you up better than a raging campfire but it works excellently. When digging in Hawaii, we regularly have to deal with literal swarms of mosquitos, like hundreds of them. It's horrible. I usually have it in the little carry canister attached to my belt. With that on, I only get a few bites which is a hell of a lot better than 100+ bites. I've been bit so much, I probably have a bit of immunity.

hemihampton

Reaction score
My solution to avoid bugs is to just dig in early spring & late fall while the bugs are still hibernating or doing what ever they do in that time. I rarely dig in the middle of a hot summer for many reason #1 the Bugs #2 the heat #3 the Ticks, #4 the foliage hides/obscures your view ect., ect., LEON.

P.S. #4 could be good if trying to hide from prying eyes or nosy neighbors, ect.

Newtothiss

Reaction score
I try to get out whenever I can.
I just mitigate the BS as much as I'm able..

Sitcoms

Reaction score
I'm also an Off! Deep Woods person, and mitigate as much exposed skin as possible (that's more for the ticks, but blocking the mosquitos and black flies is an added bonus). You can also make a spray with peppermint oil; it doesn't last as long but can keep them away for a bit.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen