Bullet in bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Niko

Reaction score
I was out today and I was about to toss this guy when i noticed a bullet in it. looks to be a .22 Anyone have any ideas on this?

DSCN6671.jpg

DSCN6668.jpg
[/IMG]

epgorge

Reaction score
Maybe this bullet was pulled from someones body?

Nice conversatoin piece. Probably not from a body, as it being a soft lead projectile, it would be mushroomed or at least compressed from impact.

But along those lines of creativity, perhaps, some one took the powder out of the shell to cauterize a wound[:)] and saved the lead.

Joel

logueb

Reaction score
I think that we've got a CSI going on this thread.[8|] Are those your fingerprints on the med in the first pic? hmmmm. Nice fingerprints.[:D] Cool find!

cobaltbot

Reaction score
I hope they weren't deciding between the bullet and the medicine.

sldavis

Reaction score
So that's what my Mom meant when she tried to make me take medicine.Come on now bite the bullet

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
I think the guy was ready to end it all, he was holding the bullet, while he already drank what was in the bottle to numb the pain, or make him brave, then the Medicine kicked in he felt good and decided to go on with life,then put the bullet in the bottle. TA Daaaaa! Rickw

dirtmover

Reaction score
That is pretty cool- that projectile appears to have been fired notice the lands around the bottom half of the bullet ,thats from the rifling in the barrel, looks like the casing is missing. 22's don't always mushroom because they don't have enough velocity. SOOOO? from someones body and thats a keepsake?[8|] Maybe you could call it the worm at the bottom of the bottle???

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BottleBayBee