burnt bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

oldshoe4u

Reaction score
000 steel wool and a whole lot of elbow grease. Otherwise see if you can find someone to tumble it for you.. Theres e few forum members here who do tumbling, I'm sure one of them will probably post and let you know if that will do the trick.
BOB

flasherr

Reaction score
This is the best stuff and cheapest I have found for cleaning bottles especially painted label bottles. I cleaned alot of burned bottles this summer and did wonders. Try it on a small area first on a painted label. It wont scratch the glass. As you can see in the back ground im cleaning some bottles that have rust deposits and dingy labels. I have to meet with the local museum this week about a display and donate a few things. I am hoping the museum can help me locate some dumps or gain permission for digging. I have corresponded with one of the head people and I have her interest peeked about digging and outhouse :)
Brian
PS its only $1.67 at walmart
Db84910.jpg

Attachments

• Db84910.jpg
    Db84910.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 85

glopf43

Reaction score
Hello Tony, I agree with Flassher. B.K.F. is good stuff! If you want, look in this forum (cleaning) for the thread, "before and after" to see what it can do. I am also cleaning a burnt bottle and it's working well. It does take repeated washings to remove all of the burn stains...as suggested, be carefull with the ACLs.

oldshoe4u

Reaction score
So is B.K.F. kind of like a comet cleanser? It will polish out burns too? Sweet I'm gonna have to get some and give it a whirl, I've got a lot of burn victims that just really weren't worth all of the time and effort of a 000 steel wool polish.
Thanks guys!
BOB

flasherr

Reaction score
I have a 5 gallon bucket I wash my bottles in some time. I sprinkle some in the bucket then as i clean bottles i am over it so excess powder goes in bucket and let bottles soak and it seems to help so put some in the water and let them soak between scrubbing
Brian

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday