C.W. Herwig Schiedam Aromatic Schnapps

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Shellbay

Reaction score
Hello! This is my first post and I’m hoping someone can help. I found this bottle in Guantanamo Bay several months ago. It’s quite similar to a Udolpho Wolfe bottle (found one of those today). I did a bit of research and was not able to find much on this bottle. I couldn’t even find a picture of it. Is anyone one familiar with CW Herwig?

Thank you!
F71C935C-5BC1-4B34-B99F-96C8568261AB.jpeg

Attachments

• 29164A63-7B15-4C70-9E49-F5363C6CF45E.jpeg
    29164A63-7B15-4C70-9E49-F5363C6CF45E.jpeg
    302.7 KB · Views: 116

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Wow, we been getting more than one or two new members lately. A belated welcome to our community. I'm going to guess you collect bottles with barnacles too. :) Any Spanish-Am. War artifacts come up while you were at Gitmo? Who knows your bottle pic could be one. The Spanish got guns and other supplies from the Germans.

Shellbay

Reaction score
Hi there! No cool artifacts but a few bottles I think might be super old. Yes! All of my bottles are found either in the ocean, buried in the sand dirt or washed up on shore. Barnacles—- YES! Some are covered with them.
A33B7B3F-3ADD-450D-B33E-6D0A8C84DE71.jpeg

Shellbay

Reaction score
Hi there! No cool artifacts but a few bottles I think might be super old. Yes! All of my bottles are found either in the ocean, buried in the sand dirt or washed up on shore. Barnacles—- YES! Some are covered with them. View attachment 235115
This is the Herwig bottle when I found it. A few barnacles, I found it buried in the sand dirt on the shore line showing just a tiny bit of the bottle during low tide.

Shellbay

Reaction score
This is the Wolfe bottle I found yesterday. It’s been soaking in bleach, will clean it today. I was beyond THRILLED!!!!! I discovered Wolfe bottles when I was researching my Herwig bottle!

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Hi Shellbay!

A very cool collection all around. I must say though, from what I've seen, some think they're worth more with the barnacles. --In any case its just a matter of preference. As long as you're on the southern flank don't forget the older Spanish treasure galleon wreck wash ups, and keep wearing the reflectors. I've been wearing them for years too. :cool: ... Hey, how about a Dutch gin bot for your next find?

Shellbay

Reaction score
Hi Shellbay!

A very cool collection all around. I must say though, from what I've seen, some think they're worth more with the barnacles. --In any case its just a matter of preference. As long as you're on the southern flank don't forget the older Spanish treasure galleon wreck wash ups, and keep wearing the reflectors. I've been wearing them for years too. :cool: ... Hey, how about a Dutch gin bot for your next find?
All I could find out is he from Hamburg Germany & sold Case Gin in the 1890's. Also owned a shipping Vessel called the Hertha & employed 250. LEON.
Thank you for sharing what you found!

Shellbay

Reaction score
Hi Shellbay!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause