C.W. Herwig Schiedam Aromatic Schnapps

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Shellbay

Reaction score
I'd leave that one as is, the coral is really cool and it looks like it doesn't even cover the embossing. Nice find!
Hopefully the smell goes away. . If you zoom in you can really see the embossing.

Attachments

• 79D25CD6-9B77-488C-A35A-49E30DF75A0D.jpeg
    79D25CD6-9B77-488C-A35A-49E30DF75A0D.jpeg
    734.2 KB · Views: 89
  • 273D909B-0803-4E96-A8DC-D0BFB9D3ED60.jpeg
    273D909B-0803-4E96-A8DC-D0BFB9D3ED60.jpeg
    711.8 KB · Views: 88

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
If the bottle was a slick, I would probably leave them. They make for a more interesting bottle. Just my two cents. We don't get barnacles in Missouri for some reason. Ha ha.
Really!? None. Everything in the water around here has barnacles on it. Rivers too. Only a couple miles from the open ocean. Maybe that's it, too far away to get the brackish sea water they need.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
I would have left it. Even if it was slightly scary at first sight.) I can see you prefer otherwise. Find a duplicate (of any bottle) one with coral, one sans, and try selling them side by side. Ok, lets all sing- "Nothing is everything."*... :cool:

*- Pretty lady in blue. Ok, Its the SKIRIZY ad.

Last edited:

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
I think I'd leave the fire coral, but get rid of the other marine growth including the barnacles. I'd use acid/vinegar on a paper towel folded into a pad, moving the pad when the growth is reduced to residue (I'd scrape with a craft stick or tongue depressor to avoid scratching the glass). Once the other growth is removed, I think I'd bleach the coral with laundry bleach. A great souvenir at that point.

casegincoral_LG_A.JPG
casegincoral_LG_B.JPG

Shellbay

Reaction score
I think I'd leave the fire coral, but get rid of the other marine growth including the barnacles. I'd use acid/vinegar on a paper towel folded into a pad, moving the pad when the growth is reduced to residue (I'd scrape with a craft stick or tongue depressor to avoid scratching the glass). Once the other growth is removed, I think I'd bleach the coral with laundry bleach. A great souvenir at that point.

View attachment 235660View attachment 235661
That’s a great idea thank you!!!

Old man digger

Reaction score
Hi there! No cool artifacts but a few bottles I think might be super old. Yes! All of my bottles are found either in the ocean, buried in the sand dirt or washed up on shore. Barnacles—- YES! Some are covered with them. View attachment 235115
That two-tone glazed bottle made of some sort of pottery, must have been very popular in the Caribbean area. I found hundreds of them while stationed in the Panama Canal Zone. Some were all white and some all brown, but most were the two-tone like in your picture. Mine were minus the barnacles as they were in dry ground...OMD

Shellbay

Reaction score
That two-tone glazed bottle made of some sort of pottery, must have been very popular in the Caribbean area. I found hundreds of them while stationed in the Panama Canal Zone. Some were all white and some all brown, but most were the two-tone like in your picture. Mine were minus the barnacles as they were in dry ground...OMD
We call them ginger beer bottles. Most of the ones found here have a small stamp on them from Glasgow. They are actually a favorite bottle to find by most collectors here in GTMO! I have 8 or 9 and every time I find another one I dance a little jig!

Old man digger

Reaction score
Yes, that is what was stamped on some of the ones I found. Also, Denby was stamped on some too.....OMD

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie