Calling all insect powders!HELP!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

pupman

Reaction score
Thanks agin Andy,and I'll keep you in mind for good cures and you know I'm familiar with what I'm looking at,having 1000 cures at one time,Best Kev

glass man

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: pupman

Hi Jamie my friend! Great to hear from you too. Still pluggin along haven't attended show for the last couple of years,looks like i missed the boat in Baltimore,I love that Lyons with the label. I am slowly repeat slowly working on an article about Lyons and other insect powders so besides adding examples to my collection ,I am trying to gather reports on buggers(Lyons shaped only) that are unknown ,unlisted or that I have not seen. Of course ,there are many,I'm looking at at least 27 different companies and more surfacing all the time. I will give you one piece of conjectural information-Emanuel Lyons although the discoverer and inventor of the Famous "LYONS POWDER" may well have NEVER produced a glass bottle embossed or otherwise!!! I have alot of proof to back up this claim too.
I would sure like to see the Jacobs,was that bottle Lyons shaped? You may have told me before but I forget if you did. Thats got to be right up at the very top with MYERS destroyer,I recebtly bought the second one known(damaged) from my friend Tim who dug it himself,you can see pictures if you search Myers destroyer or my posts! Actually the third as the late great Mike Dolcini dug a very damaged one many years ago and I don't believe he saved the remanents. Totally differnt color like a Philly beer color and pontiled of course.From what we can gather Myers was a very unsuccessful competitor to Lyons and may have only lasted a year or two!
Anyway always nice to hear from you,please keep me in mind for the buggers! Best Regards,kev

It was round.with no sloping neck...the embossing was in a circle,also had a skull and cross bones..it was about 6" tall...AGAIN SO GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU! JAMIE

GuntherHess

Reaction score
The tins are interesting. Not many of those could have survived (a lot fewer than bottles) since they would just rust away in the ground.

pupman

Reaction score
Hi Kev,(deep digger) If you get a chance please give me a call tonight,Ill be home all evening. My phone # is 1 (516) 799-2997. I would really like to discuss your Lyons powder bottle as I have some info you might be interested in.If not tonight you can call me Sunday,I work but will be home After 3 p.m. I think you may be interested in what i can tell you! Best Regards,Kev

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrykevin