Can you tell me about my bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

aimeebarry

Reaction score
My boyfriend found a bottle at an abandoned property. The bottle is made of clay and is produced by Wynand Fockink. It was made in Amsterdamand says "Anno 1679" It is Curacao Double Rouge. It is a 1/2 Pint 70 Proof and it says it is a product of Holland. The bottle has a paper seal over the top that says US Internal Revenue Tax Paid, Bercut -Vandervoort & Co. It has a serial # on this seal. Please, if you have any information on this post back or e-mail me at aimeeb19@hotmail.com. I am looking for information on the history of this and the possible value. Thank you.

Om32282.jpg

Attachments

• Om32282.jpg
    Om32282.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 97

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I would say that's a nice Fockink Bottle (someone had to say it).
Seriously it looks like stoneware, not a bottle?

aimeebarry

Reaction score
It is strange, it is stone or clay and it pretty heavy. It does have liquid inside of it. Any ideas on how to find out more about it?

diverinns

Reaction score
Hi, I think your bottle (Soneware) is a Gin stoneware,

aimeebarry

Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas on how much this bottle can sell for? The value in it??

Aerated

Reaction score
Hi there,
This bottle I think would date from about the 1970's-80's.It is in the style of stoneware bottle used by Dutch Distilleries for 200 odd years.Still an attractive stoneware bottle, and an Antique of the future.The current value wouldnt be much i'd have to say.

Cheers
Aerated

portland med. man

Reaction score
looks like a gin stoneware bottle from amsterdam these are fairly common and dont sell for much but if it is a old one with a full label it increases the value maybe 20- 50 on a good day...thats what i say....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenGlassNDrivewayRocks