Canadian Torpedo Soda

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mctaggart67

Reaction score
I've seen two of these gems, both being well locked up in collections. I've heard rumours of a couple more, including one that is a lighter green like a more modern 7-Up or a circa 1900 Scweppes green. Anyhow, it really doesn't matter about the exact number known because this sort of bottle is top drawer, the "toppest" drawer in fact.

As an interesting aside, I think that it sometimes works in a super bottle's favour not to be the only one known, since having a couple of ones already existing gets more people talking about them in a covetous, competitive manner, and this, in turn, whips up even more interest in acquiring them. Consquently, the value goes up because the demand does. Also, at work is that selling-price precedents get set. Meanwhile, one-of-a-kind bottles can get snapped up into a collection, and, depending on the collector, stay in the collection as a secret to the wider hobby. A second one shows up, but even though nobody's "heard" about it, few are brave enough to venture an extraordinarily huge offer or accept paying an extraordinarily high asking price, since there is no other price to got by and no years have been spent dreaming about getting "that bottle" which one or two other collectors publicly showcase. In our hobby desire about the known can drive people to the ridiculous when it comes to money their willing to spend. However, I'll end by saying that this doesn't always apply to the rarest of the rare. Often, really experienced collectors just know that it feels right to pay the big, big bucks to acquire a one-of-a-kind treasure.

kungfufighter

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: mctaggart67

I've seen two of these gems, both being well locked up in collections. I've heard rumours of a couple more, including one that is a lighter green like a more modern 7-Up or a circa 1900 Scweppes green. Anyhow, it really doesn't matter about the exact number known because this sort of bottle is top drawer, the "toppest" drawer in fact.

As an interesting aside, I think that it sometimes works in a super bottle's favour not to be the only one known, since having a couple of ones already existing gets more people talking about them in a covetous, competitive manner, and this, in turn, whips up even more interest in acquiring them. Consquently, the value goes up because the demand does. Also, at work is that selling-price precedents get set. Meanwhile, one-of-a-kind bottles can get snapped up into a collection, and, depending on the collector, stay in the collection as a secret to the wider hobby. A second one shows up, but even though nobody's "heard" about it, few are brave enough to venture an extraordinarily huge offer or accept paying an extraordinarily high asking price, since there is no other price to got by and no years have been spent dreaming about getting "that bottle" which one or two other collectors publicly showcase. In our hobby desire about the known can drive people to the ridiculous when it comes to money their willing to spend. However, I'll end by saying that this doesn't always apply to the rarest of the rare. Often, really experienced collectors just know that it feels right to pay the big, big bucks to acquire a one-of-a-kind treasure.
Couldn;t agree more. Some objects are too rare for their own good.

Thanks for everyone's advice.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Anyhow, it really doesn't matter about the exact number known because this sort of bottle is top drawer, the "toppest" drawer in fact.

Hey Glen,

Well said, sir. I doff my cap to your analysis on rarities.

I hope that photographic examples of this new discovery will soon be here. I can feel several, "Ahh's & Oh's" coming on.

il_fullxfull.333978860.jpg

kungfufighter

Reaction score
Photos for those with interest. Bottle is attic perfect without a trace of wear!

1DBEE1C51BB24B98BADE4A3133DE0C9E.jpg

Attachments

• 1DBEE1C51BB24B98BADE4A3133DE0C9E.jpg
    1DBEE1C51BB24B98BADE4A3133DE0C9E.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 71

kungfufighter

Reaction score
Another...

BFE392D115A04F7C9C1595F9BBC8E463.jpg

Attachments

• BFE392D115A04F7C9C1595F9BBC8E463.jpg
    BFE392D115A04F7C9C1595F9BBC8E463.jpg