carr lowrey friedgen bottle poison

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

deepwoods

Reaction score
It must be rare; all I keep getting when I google friedgen bottle is stories about German soccer fans throwing bottles during the games. lol

Jim

Reaction score
JD, I hope you dig three Paines this weekend so you can sell me one [;)] I have tried the same Google search for Friedgen bottles, but no good. Friedgen would have been the name of a druggist or pharmacy. Some of these things are so rare and obscure that it can be almost impossible to find information on them. Jim

deepwoods

Reaction score
Jim - If I dig three of those you'll be the first one to know. That is if I dont have a coronary or something. lol

Jim

Reaction score
I can believe that. There has probably never been another one of those on the market anywhere. I would be interested to know where Friedgen was located. I know that a lot of the scarce and rare green poisons like this were from New York. I'll make a contact with one of the guys in the poison club I belong to. He has about 80-90 irregular hex poisons, including some rare ones. I'll let you know when I hear from him. Jim

Jim

Reaction score
Cool. I figured that it was probably a NY bottle. It seems like the green ones were popular there. I have a Hetherington from NY that is green. Not as rare as the Friedgen, but still a nice $500 bottle. Other New York examples in green include Hotel Astor Pharmacy, Ortenberg and Flinn, Paine Drug Co., Goldner's Drug Store and Geo. Whatmough Chemist. I believe that the Nauheim is also from NY. There are several from Massachusetts, those are all cobalt blue. In addition to the Hetherington, I have them from Sun Drug Co (green California)., Bowman's Drug Stores (cobalt Cal.), Melvin and Badger Apothecaries (cobalt Boston, Mass) and a bunch of plain ones with and without POISON embossed in varying shades of green and cobalt. They make for one of the most beautiful displays of bottles you could imagine. Jim

Jim

Reaction score
Central PA (Mifflin County), about 60 miles west of Harrisburg and 30 east of State College. Maybe we could hook up for some bottle digging sometime if you're around the area. I wonder if any Friedgen bottles made their way down here....Doubt it, but you never know. If they did, I hope they're in the old Lewistown landfill (I'll be digging there this weekend [;)]). Jim

tomkirby

Reaction score
Cool I.ve never dug before, maybe we could get together sometime & you could show me a thing or two.
Tom

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2