Case Gin

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

canada

Reaction score
I have a case gin with an applied seal reading "TTC''. Does anyone have any info on this company? Sorry, no picture.

Thanks;

Dave

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well canada; I have made quite a study of Case Gins. I will try to look up the meaning of your T.T.C. seal. You will have to show pictures or more information at least. For example what type of finish is on it? Pig Snout, Straight taper, or what ever. There should be a disclosure of that the seam patterns are and their path up the bottle. It is also important to show the bottom of your bottle so we can realize more about it's method of manufacture. Dip Molded and free formed shoulders and neck, or two part mold base mold making, seams that show from the crest of the side panel up to the neck,
or seams from the side mold partings straight up over the shoulder to the neck. Some of us enjoy helping other collectors know what they have found. RED Matthews <bottlemysteries@yahoo.com>

canada

Reaction score
Hello Red;
Thanks for your reply. Bottle tapered, 3 piece mold, plain base, flattened lip.Found in South Africa. I would guess it dates 1880s-1900.
I am mostly interested in tracing the company. TTC might stand for ''T.....? Trading Company''.
Thank you.

Dave

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Ok Thanks canada, When you say a 3-piece mold I have to assume you are considering the bottom plate on the dip mold. It isn't a good thing to assume anything, so I posted back. The shoulders have no seam on them and the finish is obviously what the collectors call a pig snout of pushed down neck glass flanged out for corkage pressure. As for the TTC,. I will look some more today. RED Matthews

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229