Castoria bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Andy4707

Reaction score
I found this bottle the other day and i am not sure what kind of bottle it is. On the bottle it says Castoria on the side and on the other side of the bottle it says Chas H Letcher's. I can't really read it because it is in cursive, but i think that is what it says. The bottle is about 6 inches tall and about 2 inches wide and it is an aqua colored bottle. If you could tell me what kind of bottle it is and what was in side of it that would be helpful. The era that i found this bottle in was from about 1880-1930's somewhere in those years. Sorry about the bottle picture, i still haven't gotten the bottle fully cleaned. I would like to no what year this bottle might be, if you could tell me the informantion that i would like to no that would be very helpful.

Xv65705.jpg

Attachments

• Xv65705.jpg
    Xv65705.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 122

NORG

Reaction score
Hey Andy4707, I have a bottle exactly like that one. It is Chas. H. Fletcher's CASTORIA. I think it dates from around 1920. A good site for info is www.centaur.com

Rob

Bluebelle

Reaction score
I can tell you what Fletcher's Castoria was used for - it was a laxative! [:mad:] Thin, brown nasty tasting stuff, and for some reason it was the preferred laxative to give children in the 1940's. Every house had a bottle.

madman

Reaction score
ive found a ton of these, heres one thats not machine made!! this was very popular mike

Om32161.jpg

TheDiggerBoy91

Reaction score
me too. It's pretty clean, considering I found it sticking out the side of a hole in an old dump near my cousins' house.

madman

Reaction score
heres one i found on sunday, its a nice aqua, so i kept it, ive found hundreds of these bottles, i give them away to people it blows there minds, you no non collectors mike

Rp43264.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter