Ceramic Dog...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Staunton Dan

Reaction score
I almost missed this one but when I cleaned it up I realized that I had a ceramic dog of some kind. Again, it's 1890s or so but appears to be like the handle of a carnival cane from the 1950s & 1960s. It's only 1-3/4" high. Whadaya think?

E6271EF335E84F608ED8A0A5F3917081.jpg

dollarbill

Reaction score
Hey Dan I 'd say Mr,Fred would be right .Look like it very well could be a cane top .I saw one yesterday in a muesum of Henery Clay that dated early than 1890 . How big is the hole in the bottom .The cane I saw yesterday was small in diam.What ever it is, Its cool I alway like finding thouse thing that ar diffrent .
bill

Staunton Dan

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: dollarbill

Hey Dan I 'd say Mr,Fred would be right .Look like it very well could be a cane top .I saw one yesterday in a muesum of Henery Clay that dated early than 1890 . How big is the hole in the bottom .The cane I saw yesterday was small in diam.What ever it is, Its cool I alway like finding thouse thing that ar diffrent .
bill

I think that it dates to around 1890 or possibly earlier. The hole is 7/16" in diameter and extends almost the entire length of the dog or about 1-1/2". I saw a collection of the canes on Antique's Roadshow this past weekend and they were quite collectible.

akronmarbles

Reaction score
It was made in Akron, Ohio in the early 1890's. It was a toy and not a cane topper. I have this same figure in Albany slip brown and mustard yellow but am missing the blue - want to sell it? lol
There is also a cat figurine - I have it in the blue, brown and mustard already.

The blue dog had been eluding me...

Brian in Akron....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles