chicago consolidated and a couple others

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

AaronM

Reaction score
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/ILLEGALREGAL/bottles.jpg

New to bottles and I found these on the jobsite, just curious if anyone could give me an idea of the era these are from.

far left is pretty shot, the paint came off as I wiped the dirt off but it's "waverly sparkling beverage" superior bottling Gary, IN

Chicago consildated bottle has a seam down both sides and theres another thread here on the same bottle stating late 1800's but this is a tad different. Instead of having only "Chicago" on the bottle this one has "Chicago ILLS"

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Aaron!!
In my opinion, the best bottle here is the Chicago Consolidated.. it's a Hutchinson stopper bottle, or "hutch".. and it's the oldest one.. from around 1900-1910 ..the rest are from the 1960's
BTW you should be using Benjamin Moore paint!![;)] -Charlie

FA8C898130B64968A758B6DCEDF44103.jpg

Attachments

• FA8C898130B64968A758B6DCEDF44103.jpg
    FA8C898130B64968A758B6DCEDF44103.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 52

AaronM

Reaction score
thanks for the welcome!

I tried to attach that pic but it said too large[:mad:]

thats pretty cool about the Chicago Consildated bottle being so old. It still has the stopper/cork in it. That bottle was used for soda or beer?

I've got around a dozen or so other old bottles I've found(if I can find where the wife stashed them) from when we built a new parking garage at the Field Museum on Chicago's lakefront. I know they have to date back to the 1800's as everything that burnt in the Chicago fire was dumped in the lake and later built on top of and these were found 20'+ below grade. Alot of plates, cups, wine bottles, ink bottles, etc..

glass man

Reaction score
WELCOME! POST MORE PICTURES OF WHAT YOU FIND. YOUR HUTCH BOTTLE PROBABLY HELD SODA,BUT BEER CAME IN THOSE TYPES OF BOTTLES TOO. THE FIRST COKE BOTTLES CAME IN THE HUTHINSON BOTTLES. JAMIE

glass man

Reaction score
YEP CYBER IS RIGHT ON! BENJAMIN MOORE IS THE BEST. COVERS BEST AND LASTS A LOT LONGER THEN OTHER PAINTS. THERE ARE DEFFENTLY CHEAPER PAINTS ,BUT IN THE LONG RUN YOU SAVE BY USING BEN. MOORE. GEEZ THEY OWE US FOR THIS COMERCIAL![:)] IT IS AMAZING THE AGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE FAIRLY "NEW" BOTTLES COMPARED TO THE HUTCH.KEEP ON TOP OF IT NO TELLING WHAT YOU MAY FIND! JAMIE

AaronM

Reaction score
Reason for the age difference is the hutch I found under the foundation of a building. The others were along the foundation walls under just a few inches of dirt. This building was built early 1900's and one of the oldest in the suburb from what the historical society told us. At one time it was a liqour store and the building literally had 4" between the buildings on either side. People musta thrown all their empties along the sides. Most were broken and ones that weren't were fairly new. There were slot more under the foundation floor but broken, the hutch was the only I came across unbroken.

#1twin

Reaction score
Aaron, If the picture comes out too large, go back to the picture and hit the Image button. Then press on resize. When the next screen comes up, hit 450 to shrink the pixel number. Hit OK then save it. That should give you a nice size picture. Hope this helps. Nice hutch. Marvin "the mole"

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tasha85